AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having just a heck of a time getting S Video to work for either of my replaytv (4509 & 04) with those Scientific Atlantic cable boxes.

I can't seem to figure out how to set the replay to use the s-video as the input. Is there a trick to it or am I just having too hard of a time at it?

The video quality through the coax is fine but would the S-Video help at all with the video sizes (being that I would think its a cleaner signal for the mpg)?

Jason

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just got a new 5040 to join my 3060. I had some trouble getting the s-video hooked up to the 5040 from my Scientific Atlanta 3100HD STB. The catch is that the s-video only worked on ReplayTV input 2 on the 5040 (not on input 1). Its documented in the Replay manual which I finally read to identify the problem. Under Setup, when you define inputs, it will ask you whether the s-video is hooked up or composite video. Be sure to use the Select key to go deeper into the menu to allow you to select the source of video, then scroll to select SA and then go through the codes to control the box. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Hold on - (Don't have a 5000 in front of me) - Input 1 and Input 2 both have S-Video connections, but it only works on Input 2?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
There's a single S-Video input (which is associated only with Input 2) and a single S-Video output.

As was said before: If you want to use the S-Video, select Input 2, and then you'll be asked if you want the S-Video or Composite video input used....

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a similar setup, but I haven't hooked it up via svideo yet. The svideo on my TV is occupied (I use the replay on my smaller, bedroom TV and it only has one svideo input). My question is, does the Replay 5040 have a built in coverted that will take an svideo signal from the cable box, and output it through a composite connection?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.