AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I remeber correctly, the s-video in on the UTV is not operational. If I am wrong please tell me what I need to do. I have another sat receiver that has s video out and I would like to run it to the in of the utv and be able to toggle between both.

· Registered
502 Posts
The video ins on the UTV don't work for anything other than msn email attachments (or something like that, I never used it). They cannot be used as a pass-through or a record source.

· Registered
88 Posts
The S-Video In is not operational. I asked MS this question and they say its either for a video source for when you connect to WebTV and need an input to attach an image or for possible future upgrades to use.

Your best bet now would be to either use an A/V receiver or VCR with multiple inputs or if your TV has more than a single S-Video input, to use that. I'm guessing these are probably not options or you would have already used them.

There are s-video selectors that will accomodate several s-video and audio inputs and allow you to switch between them. They range in price from $35 to several hundred depending on how many features they have. Some have remotes while some only have buttons, etc.

Do a search in the forum for them and I'm sure you'll find more if your interested.

foghorn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.