AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a e-GeForce 8800GTX Graphics card on my PC. I want to load my old Video 8 mm P5-90 tapes on to my PC. Then edit and transfer onto DVD or what ever new format comes along later. With the card came a cable that goes into the S-Video socket. It has three colours. Red, Green, & Blue. On my old Sharp 8 Viewcam camera I have three colours sockets. Yellow, White & Black. The Yellow says Video, The White says Audio and the Black says Monitor-In. Can I use this cable? and if yes, in what order do I match the colours up. Or do I need to use some sort of converter like a TV card. I am using Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

My PC speck is as follows. MotherBoard=Asus Extreme Maximus X38-DDR-3. Processor=Intel Core Extreme QX9650. Memory=Corsair 8GB Kit (4x2GB) 1600Mhz Non ECC. Graphics Card=EVGA e-GeForce 8800GTX. And four HD of 500 GB running on rad-10.

Your Gerard.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
The S-video jack on your graphics card is probably just an output, not an input.

I think you'll need a video capture card to do what you want to do. It's not really my thing so I don't have any recommendations of a decent one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts