AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a converter that can do this, because my Sat box only has Composite and S-Video out. Anyone know where i can pick one up?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I recommend a Zinwell Brite View. This way you are not just outputing in component but also at a higher resolution. Your TV has to be able to handle progressive scan like 480p or 720p or 1080i. This you get the best of both world. Able to upconvert the picture to component at a much higher resolution.

Do a search on Zinwell Brite View here and you will see many members here are doing that.

Good luck

Bill

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for the info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wanted to inform you about the difference in using a scaler verses the Matrix V3 - decoder. If you are using a Plasma or single lens projector, you should be aware that by connecting a scaler to these display will no longer give you the ability to use its internal image size aspect settings. You will be dependent upon the scaler to provide this for you with what it offers.

The Matrix V3 is only a decoder outputting 480i with no scaler for a reason. It allows you to keep your display's aspect control of the picture. You may not want to loose the panoramic aspect or user adjustable memory aspect setting it provides. Oh, and remember that these types of display devices already have an internal scaler, which in most cases work very well. It is usually the decoder section that make the picture suffer.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I would have to disagree with you on that one. I'm using a cs-1 scaler with an Infocus Ls-1 projector and am still able to change the internal aspect as well as the scaled adjustments of the cs-1. Don't know exactley why, but I can. I have currently figured out how to use the 720 p (rgb) setting on the cs-1 and use the ls-1 in the enhanced widescreen mode. It gives me a little more play in the settings without having vertical and horizontal adjustments on the cs-1 way out in left field.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi ckaudio;

Thanks for the reply to my reply.... I am curious as to how you are going about changing the aspect on the In-Focus LS-1. Are you actually changing it by remapping the image (digitally) on the display panel, or by using the lens(mechanically) ? I do not have access to the LS-1 myself, but was able to download the spec. sheet on it. I was not able to figure out either from reading the spec. sheet.

Can't say I seen it all, but in most cases that I have run into, the display's internal aspect ratio selections are not accessible unless the input was composite, S-Video , or componen/RGB operating at 480i.

Got me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.