AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Onkyo TX-DS838 receiver that has 4 s-video inputs and 3 s-video outputs. Am I doing something wrong or is my receiver broken? This is what I am trying to do:

Take the s-video output from my RCA DTC-100 satellite box and input it into the receiver (I've tried all 4 possibilities - Video 1,2,3,4) and send it to both my hipix card and xcapture card using 2 different outputs from the receiver. No matter what combination I use, I can't get any picture on the output (even when I try to run it directly to my monitor from the receiver without going to the xcapture or hipix). I know that the DTC-100 and the cable are good, because if I bypass the receiver and go straight to the monitor the video is displayed. Is there a trick to this that I am missing?

Here are the specifics for one of the variations that I tried (these are all s-video connections):

Set the receiver for video 2. Out from DTC-100 to input of video 2; out from output of video 2 on receiver to input on xcapture card; out from "monitor" output on receiver to input of HiPix. Result: Nada...no display from either card.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

thanks,

Murray

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.