AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally have it all set up now.The replacement screen arrived in the usual Stewart battleship indestructable packing.I was surprised at the difference in color between the Grayhawk and the Firehawk.The FH is much darker and the different coating used is easily visible. Putting a white sheet of paper up against the FH material makes you wonder how this screen could possibly be used as a pj screen.The GH almost looks white in comparison.

The GH and S2 combo was very good...I loved it. However the FH takes takes this up several notches..and I still haven't even touched the PJ controls other than bright/cont.The picture is simply drop dead gorgeous.Its the richness and smoothness of the image that grabs you.There is something about deep blacks that lends to the overall quality of the picture...you have to see it to know what I am talking about..and I'm sure that alot of you now with the new crop of higher contrast PJs also observe this. Nice beautiful colors...shades of color are easily visible...overall better image than the GH.You have to see it...as describing it doesn't really do the job. This is a definetly a very good combo.

Now how much of this is the PJ...how much the screen...the room..ambient light....they all play a part....all I know is that I am extemely happy with the outcome...and look forward to some tweeking of the PJ....but if my remote control died right now I would be very happy with these settings!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I just got mine too and hooked it up last night. Noticably brighter, more vibrant picture and it definitely is at a new level. I, too, was surprised how dark the material was. However, when adjusted, picture looks great! Shadow detail is the thing I noticed so much more of. Some scenes could get a bit murky/dim on the GH, and that seems to have changed.

Rosano--

can you post your settings (contrast, brightness, color, sharpness)?

Thanks

KeithR

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keith...right now its still has the out of box settings for all the stuff in the "fine menu". The only thing I have done is quickly adjusted brightnes and contrast....from memory:

Bright: 45

Contr: about 50

color: 49/50

hue: n/a..feeding component: progressive sig from Sony 9000

Theater 1

sharp: 1

Color Temp: middle

Black level: don't remember I think its 0 IRE...but it matches the Sony's output.

Lamp mode (?): high. I can't recall what the name is...but its not the mode for presentations...the presentation mode option is Off.

Image/color/blacks/contrast...beautiful!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.