AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a 42inch Panasonic. Locally the S30 and GT25 are available at a decent price. The two are priced about $150 apart. Will be used to watch HD channels and movies. No gaming at all. Recommendation between these two?

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalt
Do you know if they both use the same panel
Not even close to being the same panel. The S30 has a low-end entry-level panel and is greatly inferior to the panel in the GT25. Even though the GT25 is last year's model, it has the top-of-the-line panel and kills an S30.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters
Not even close to being the same panel. The S30 has a low-end entry-level panel and is greatly inferior to the panel in the GT25. Even though the GT25 is last year's model, it has the top-of-the-line panel and kills an S30.
Thank you. Looking forward to picking one up tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalt /forum/post/20763533

Looking to purchase a 42inch Panasonic. Locally the S30 and GT25 are available at a decent price. The two are priced about $150 apart. Will be used to watch HD channels and movies. No gaming at all. Recommendation between these two?

GT25 no question

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz3 /forum/post/20765493

The GT25 is a nice tv and the st30 is even a step above the Gt25

Not according to the ISF Calibrators.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/20765762

Not according to the ISF Calibrators.

And how many ISF calibrators have calibrated both and compared both in a proper viewing environment? None (last time I checked).

When they compared the GT25 to the ST30 on HDJ. There was a pretty big error made. They were using the GT25's "Custom" mode. Which for accuracy (color/gamma) is bad.

GT25 has better blacks (I need to measure mine again, I have not noticed a visual rise in blacks). And a very accurate color gamut (in THX mode), gamma not bad.

·
Registered
12,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutdotnet /forum/post/20766009

And how many ISF calibrators have calibrated both and compared both in a proper viewing environment? None (last time I checked).

When they compared the GT25 to the ST30 on HDJ. There was a pretty big error made. They were using the GT25's "Custom" mode. Which for accuracy (color/gamma) is bad.

GT25 has better blacks (I need to measure mine again, I have not noticed a visual rise in blacks). And a very accurate color gamut (in THX mode), gamma not bad.

Hey Nut I think Randy is on our side if you re-read his post

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.