AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, S4212 and S42 Ipal would be amazing. Even though it's faster than my upcomong HT time table I'd take a pair at pre-order prices before I'm even ready for them. My fingers are crossed other are interested as well. As Kevin Costner said if you build it (with a 21") they will come.

Tim
Hi Tim, decided to make a new thread to try to keep things organized.

I have never done this before so it is kind of fun just to consider trying something new..:) Anyway, part of the fun would be calling Jim in Cincy. Hey, know how you're backed up and hiring new guys every week to try just to keep up? Well, I have the new TV2112 AND a new S42ipal cabinet design in the works. So I'll need samples for both asap and...>>>dial tone sound...

·
Registered
108 Posts

I have never done this before so it is kind of fun just to consider trying something new../forum/images/smilies/smile.gif Anyway, part of the fun would be calling Jim in Cincy. Hey, know how you're backed up and hiring new guys every week to try just to keep up? Well, I have the new TV2112 AND a new S42ipal cabinet design in the works. So I'll need samples for both asap and...>>>dial tone sound...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Wow, S4212 and S42 Ipal would be amazing. Even though it's faster than my upcomong HT time table I'd take a pair at pre-order prices before I'm even ready for them. My fingers are crossed other are interested as well. As Kevin Costner said if you build it (with a 21") they will come.

Tim

I have never done this before so it is kind of fun just to consider trying something new../forum/images/smilies/smile.gif Anyway, part of the fun would be calling Jim in Cincy. Hey, know how you're backed up and hiring new guys every week to try just to keep up? Well, I have the new TV2112 AND a new S42ipal cabinet design in the works. So I'll need samples for both asap and...>>>dial tone sound...

·
Registered
108 Posts
^^
I'm pretty sure there will be a neo version as well as Ipal for the S42 as Tom alluded to. There will be a 21" neo for the TV2112 with ICE power so maybe your wish will come true too for the S4212.

Tim

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^
I'm pretty sure there will be a neo version as well as Ipal for the S42 as Tom alluded to. There will be a 21" neo for the TV2112 with ICE power so maybe your wish will come true too for the S4212.

Tim
Never say never but I have to get some measurements as the performance between the S36ipal and a S4212 could be so similar it won't make much sense. You accept a bigger cabinet, probably pay about the same(or even a little more), and get the same overall performance. If that ends up being the case there may be not be much demand/reason to pursue.

Tom V.
Team Power.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
^^

Tim
Never say never but I have to get some measurements as the performance between the S36ipal and a S4212 could be so similar it won't make much sense. You accept a bigger cabinet, probably pay about the same(or even a little more), and get the same overall performance. If that ends up being the case there may be not be much demand/reason to pursue.

Tom V.
Team Power.
I didn’t know there was an S36ipal?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
The S36 Ipal didn't make it onto PSA website with the last revision but if you search you'll find it has it's own page.
Just tried it said did not match any results.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi all, quick update.

Looks like we're good to move forward with this. I know I owe at least three people communication(email/phone) and will do my best to get to all within the next 24 hours. It's just been hectic. We got 8 pallets out today so we finally have a little space to work with. Now, it's on to all of the speaker back orders...and there's a *lot*..:)

Anyway, we'll have PLENTY of 21 inch Ipal woofers, and as many cabinets as I need(by mid SEP). I could get the cabinets a little sooner but the amps won't be here until second half of Sep anyway.

We're working with speaker power on a custom version of their 4kW platform to address the recent "noise" issues. We have 6(?) of the new/revised units in the field already with 100% positive feedback from each customer.

Tom V.
Team Power.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hi all, quick update.

Looks like we're good to move forward with this. I know I owe at least three people communication(email/phone) and will do my best to get to all within the next 24 hours. It's just been hectic. We got 8 pallets out today so we finally have a little space to work with. Now, it's on to all of the speaker back orders...and there's a *lot*..:)

Anyway, we'll have PLENTY of 21 inch Ipal woofers, and as many cabinets as I need(by mid SEP). I could get the cabinets a little sooner but the amps won't be here until second half of Sep anyway.

We're working with speaker power on a custom version of their 4kW platform to address the recent "noise" issues. We have 6(?) of the new/revised units in the field already with 100% positive feedback from each customer.

Tom V.
Team Power.
I am so damn tempted to jump on this bandwagon. Plan is to have the s3600 and s3000 up front with t18's in rear. I had emailed about what an s72ipal would cost, but 4x 21's to replace the existing subs keep the corner-loaded thing going would be ideal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good to learn this progress, I'm considering a couple PSA 4KW/6KW subs for close-to-nearfield application but the multiple user noise reports (low level 60Hz hum) is a concern. How about the 6kW SpeakerPower option, does this benefit from the same revision?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am so damn tempted to jump on this bandwagon. Plan is to have the s3600 and s3000 up front with t18's in rear. I had emailed about what an s72ipal would cost, but 4x 21's to replace the existing subs keep the corner-loaded thing going would be ideal.
at 3899 x 4(or a little less since we'd save some in shipping I can pass on if you're east of the Rockies) it's a big investment. But when you consider what you'd be getting. 8 21ipal, 16000w of speaker power, 5 year bumper to bumper, fine tuned DSP with the sound quality power sound is renowned for.

I mean if you wanted to DIY the above using the same components it would be about the cost just for the woofers and amps---like $3800 per unit? That's no cabinet, no grills, no warranty,

So I guess it depends what angle we're looking at it, BIG investment but still quite a value in some regards..:)

Tom V.
Team Power.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to learn this progress, I'm considering a couple PSA 4KW/6KW subs for close-to-nearfield application but the multiple user noise reports (low level 60Hz hum) is a concern. How about the 6kW SpeakerPower option, does this benefit from the same revision?
Correct,

But there would be an upcharge per unit to go with the 6kW. about 5%. And I'm not sure there would be any audible benefit at all.

Tom V.
Team Power.

·
Registered
596 Posts
at 3899 x 4(or a little less since we'd save some in shipping I can pass on if you're east of the Rockies) it's a big investment. But when you consider what you'd be getting. 8 21ipal, 16000w of speaker power, 5 year bumper to bumper, fine tuned DSP with the sound quality power sound is renowned for.

I mean if you wanted to DIY the above using the same components it would be about the cost just for the woofers and amps---like $3800 per unit? That's no cabinet, no grills, no warranty,

So I guess it depends what angle we're looking at it, BIG investment but still quite a value in some regards..:)

Tom V.
Team Power.
LOL, it would not be a 4 unit purchase. I'd be keeping the T18s in the rear, just replacing the two subs up front. The value that comes with your products is never lost on me :)

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL, it would not be a 4 unit purchase. I'd be keeping the T18s in the rear, just replacing the two subs up front. The value that comes with your products is never lost on me :)
I just quoted someone else a four unit bundle price. It would be $15,000 even. (for the 4kW amp). The 6kw adds $250 per unit.

Please keep me in the loop as I can only get so many of these cabinets per week finished and I'm *NOT* going to entertain another TV18 scenario where we don't schedule anything but TV18 cabinets for 3-4 straight weeks and then end up low/out of stock on a bunch of other stuff..:)

Tom V.
Team Power.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I just quoted someone else a four unit bundle price. It would be $15,000 even. (for the 4kW amp). The 6kw adds $250 per unit.

Please keep me in the loop as I can only get so many of these cabinets per week finished and I'm *NOT* going to entertain another TV18 scenario where we don't schedule anything but TV18 cabinets for 3-4 straight weeks and then end up low/out of stock on a bunch of other stuff..:)

Tom V.
Team Power.
Absolutely, Tom. When do you think you'll start preorders?

·
Registered
108 Posts

Tom V.
Team Power.
the S42 ipal certainly is an amazing value and will be even after pre-order pricing is over. I could make the same thing for $100 less than full price and it would look like $h!t, not have DSP by a guru and have no warranty.

Tim

1 - 20 of 25 Posts