AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently purchased the Onkyo HT-S7100 home theater system. All 7 speakers and the subwoofer are hooked up properly and work with the radio.

However, I am attempting to run DirecTV through the receiver as well and am having issues with the configuration. I have set it up to receive HDMI and configured it as the CABLE/SAT input in the setup. HDMI output from the receiver to the TV. If I flip the TV to HDMI2, the signal transfer through and it appears to work, audio is fine, HD picture is fine for that channel

However, the second I change the channel, I get a muffled sound coming through all the speakers. HD picture comes in fine, audio is just the high-pitched muffling. But then if I move to a non-HD channel, audio returns and SD picture shows fine. This works for all non-HD channels. Audio never comes back for HD channels.

Anyone seen this before? What could the problem possibly be? Just a misconfigured setting? Possibly a bad receiver?

This is my first home theater system so any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts