Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a little confused, which doesn't take much sometimes :D On the back of the S780, there are 3 optical inputs for audio, and 1 digital coaxial. However, in the manual, it shows both a TV connection and a DVR connection going to the same (middle) optical input. In the DVD illustration, it shows that one going to the top optical input, which would be fine. But why does it show both the TV and DVR going to the same one? Will it not work right if I plug one of them into the middle output and the other into the bottom? Or is there a better way all around with these three components for audio (DVD, TV, DVR)? AND...isnce there is only 1 digital coaxial input, which of the 3 components would be best to plug into it?

Thanks!!

Jeep

:cool:

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
You can use any of them, just re-assign the input to whichever device you are connecting. Save the coax for a device that only has a coax out (or not). Your manual describes how to re-assign inputs ( I had to do it, but don't recall off the top of my head).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple
You can use any of them, just re-assign the input to whichever device you are connecting. Save the coax for a device that only has a coax out (or not). Your manual describes how to re-assign inputs ( I had to do it, but don't recall off the top of my head).
Thanks Ron!

I went through the entire manual and can't find where it describes how to re-assign the optical inputs. Does anyone know how to do this? :confused:

Wait...nevermind...found it!! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
On the front of the receiver is a button called "Input Select" / "Digital Input"

u first select the one of main component inputs "DVD/CD" etc by pressing the appropriate button

then press the "Input Select"/"Digital Input" button several times, everytime u press it, it will display "COAX->OPT 1->OPT 2->OPT3"

select whatever optical input you want to associate with the video this way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.