AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had the s790 system for a few months now and I'm very happy with it except the sub is kinda bleh, I want better bass you know
. Would a Bic 100 provide a WOW, this sounds so much better upgrade? The Bic 100 is right in my price range, but I'm just not sure if I wanna pull the trigger yet. Or should i step up to a HSU STF2?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
The Bic is in a different class from the onkyo sub, no question there and it's consdiered the best value in the $200s. You'll get about the same low freq ouput from both the STF2 and Bic, the STF2 is a bit more musical. IMO considering the price difference they arre very comparable subs. Grab the Bic for arund $200 and pocket the $100+ when and if you're ever ready in the future to upgrade shoot for the $500 class of SVS and HSU where you'll really notice a difference.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
the H-100 or STF-2 would be a quantum leap forward from the onkyo sub, you'll instantly notice a difference. but if you want to step into the world of jaw-dropping performance, those subs start around $400+, and would include the SVS PB-10, mirage S-12, or Hsu VTF 2.3, to name a few.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.