AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Panasonic 6UY plasma monitor with the DVI/HDCP card installed. My local cable company recently upgraded the firmware in my SA-3250HD cable box to enable the DVI port.

When I first connect the monitor to the DVI port, all is well, and the picture looks great. As soon as I do anything that changes the picture, such as changing channels or bringing up the channel guide, I get a message about my monitor not having HDCP and that I need to use the component video outputs instead. If I then unplug the DVI cable momentarily and plug it back in again, the picture comes back.

This happens every time I change channels or bring up the guide. Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

·
Registered
235 Posts
My discussion with the local tech confirmed that the DVI out on this box is not stable yet, but is expected to be upgraded via software.

It may also be your TV, but adelphia boxes, at least, are not running DVI reliably.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks for the info. I had the cable company try a different box today, to no avail. In the meantime, I have somebody at Scientific Atlanta who seems to be very conscientious tracking the problem down for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.