AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this box from Cablevision. My Pan 50lc13 TV says it's feeding it a 1080i signal from all channels. Is there a way to have it feed another signal to the tv (eg 480P)?

thanks, Mark

·
Registered
13,495 Posts
I don't think you can change the output resolutions at all on these HD boxes. However, you should be able to feed your TV with SVideo or composite video cable from the box and get 480i.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I have a 3100HD which I don't know of a way to adjust ...

However, I thought the 4200 had a way to select what formats your TV supports. I think the way to access the screen is to turn the STB off and the TV on ... and hold down GUIDE + INFO untill the 'setup wizard' screen comes on.

Note, the Explorer 4200HD HDTV Set-up Instructions available on the SA website also describes this procedure.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I'm certain sure that there is a way to change the output format between 1080i & 480i. I showed a friend who has a 4:3 tv how to do it. Whenever watching 4:3 programming he was getting windowboxing and letterboxing. To get around this he was using the S-video input for 4:3. But with Cablevision, that means that the on-screen display doesn't work.

Changing the output format allows him to use the component connection for everything.

I don't own this STB, so I can't tell you how to do it. I "winged" it at my friends house.

One more thing. I know that I did it completely with the remote. I didn't have to touch the STB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.