AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Well, I have cablevision as my provider with a Scientific Atlantic 8300HD box, I used an HDMI cable and optical audio cable. I watched tv all night last night but when I turned my set on today I get a box that says DVI/HDMI Output Blocked. That's it, I can't get any channels. I press my DVR button and that screen comes up but when I play files nothing shows on the screen except for the box saying "DVI/HDMI Output Blocked." My current set is a Samsung HLR5667W. I have tried powering down the unit and starting it back up twice already but no luck. I also tried going through the resolution programming mode to see if that would help but it didn't.

Can anyone help me out with this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar problem. I have my Scientific Atlanta box connected directly to my Hitachi 50VG825 via HDMI. I also have the SA box connected to my Tivo via S-Video and composite audio. I noticed a few months ago, that when I would go to watch certain programs recorded on the TiVo, the entire recording would display nothing but the "Copy Protection: HDMI blocked, connect via component..."

I ran a few tests, and found that the HDMI Blocked message would only display when the TiVo was recording while the TV was turned off. I'd leave the TV turned off while a program is recording, and then turn it on halfway through the show. After rewinding the recording, I found that at the point I turned the TV on, the message would go away and the show would play normally.

I placed more than a few calls to Cablevision, and each time they tried to pin the blame on TiVo, even though the message was originating from their equipment. (I could go on for days about how inept and generally assinine Cablevision customer service is.)

The question I have for you is: do you have the HDMI routing through your receiver, and then out to your TV? If so, this may be the culprit, route the HDMI directly to the TV. If not, the TV may not be HDCP compliant. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.