AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, I have a Sony sa-wx700 subwoofer that has gone bad and I believe it to be the amp. Any suggestions on it?, I have read that this amp is crap so I'm wondering if I should invest in repair or just chuck it. I am not made of money so buying a high end alternative is not an option right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jacob,

I too have an SA-WX700. The previous owner was aware of a rattling sound coming from the bottom of the unit, but attributed it to a loose part. When I got it home I took it apart and found that the lower woofer is catching on something internally as it moves. The previous owner claimed that he had never played it loud, and I have reason to believe that he was telling the truth (but someone else may have done the job).

Anyway, Sony wants to charge $144 for a new woofer. Of course this is ridiculous as I could buy a new unit for that price these days.

If you are ready to junk your unit, I would be interested in buying one or both woofers if the total cost is reasonable. I am located in Oregon.

What have you heard about the amp other than that it has failed for a number of people?

Matt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.