AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a refurbed JVC D-VHS player, and went to pick up a SA3250 from TWC today since it is the one that has Firewire active. Upon getting home, I noticed that there were no 6-pin or 4-pin Firewire ports! I admit I am pretty new to Firewire, but there is nothing that looks like a Firewire port on it, just a USB port on the front and a metal-covered port that says "Bypass" on it on the back. Am I completely missing something here?

Does this use a 9-pin port, which from what I can tell will be much harder to find a cable for?

---

Update: well apparently I have to "special order" a 3250 with a Firewire port, and it may take up to a month for one to come in. Ugh...not very happy right now, as it appears there is no way Ill be able to record the Miami-NC State game now.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I can verify what Alan has said as well. (Just FYI: You would need a 6pin->4pin firewire cable for the 3250->DVHS.)

I have a vague memory of someone saying that a few of the 3250s went out with either the 1394 ports covered, or completely missing from the box. Sounds like you have one of those crippled 3250s, as the 2 firewire ports are quite obvious and hard to miss!

-Pie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.