AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the 4250HDC output audio thru both the optical and L/R stereo connections simultaneously ? If so, will the audio on optical be stereo only or can I get the Dolby Digital feed there (when present) while getting downmixed stereo from the L/R RCA connections ? Tried talking to TWC support...talk about clueless. Searched forum but could not find this answer

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notenoughcash /forum/post/19608611

Will the 4250HDC output audio thru both the optical and L/R stereo connections simultaneously ? If so, will the audio on optical be stereo only or can I get the Dolby Digital feed there (when present) while getting downmixed stereo from the L/R RCA connections ? Tried talking to TWC support...talk about clueless. Searched forum but could not find this answer

Yes. I am 100% certain. I have my 4250 connected via component/rca directly to my TV, and the optical output to my receiver for 5.1 DD broadcasts.

The RCA Red/White outputs just automatically downconvert everything to Stereo(I believe the same is true when connected directly to the tv via HDMI as well), while the optical connection will send the 5.1 DD to a receiver with a decoder at the same time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.