Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I came across this Sac Bee article on the web during lunch, thought it might be worth a read for you Sacramento area Comcast subscribers who are gettin' the shaft when it comes to seeing the Super Bowl in HD on Comcast.

Here is an excerpt:

Notably, Pfister says, a Comcast operator blamed the absence on KOVR, the local CBS affiliate -- while KOVR's chief engineer told Pfister in an e-mail that "it is Comcast's choice not to carry KOVR's HD signal."

Susan Gonzales, a Sacramento spokeswoman for Comcast -- the market's dominant cable provider -- calls the charge "inaccurate."

"We are having ongoing discussions," she says. "Offering or not offering the game is based on coming to an agreement with the local affiliate."

http://www.sacbee.com/content/lifest...-9078853c.html

-Samuel

·
Registered
296 Posts
Not a bad article - it goes on to say that Sinclair wants money, and Comcast won't pay. The more coverage that gets may put Sinclair in the hot seat. The part that had me laughing, though:

"With an external antenna that can pick up Channel 25 -- the free, over-the-air high-definition outlet for Sacramento's CBS affiliate, KOVR.

But that may not be a popular -- or practical -- solution, industry analysts say, since very few people have high-definition antennas. Though the antennas sell for as little as $40, the analysts say most HD proponents prefer to deal directly with cable or satellite services."

You mean I didn't have to pay hundreds for an OTA box, all I needed was a $40 'high-definition antenna'? ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.