AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm near San Jose/Cupertino and I happen to be able to recieve analog 40 KXTL with a pretty good signal (just a litle ghosting). That pretty good signal comes from a Radio Shack $19.95 UHF yagi antenna that I'm holding with my hand indoors pointing towards Sacramento (the big rooftop ant wont even get KXTL with this kind of clairity even when I adjust it). So I decided to put the antenna outside on a mast about 15ft above the ground using 100ft of RG-6 coax cable.. But, I am still not able to recieve any digital channels from Sacramento, although my signal from KXTL is still pretty good with the 100ft of coax. Does anybody know if a preamp would help at all? I am a calculated 72 miles from the transmitters and this antenna says it can go up to 75 miles...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
KCRA will be at full power soon, they are working on their equipment as we speak. I would type in 35.1 and adjust your antenna next week.

KXTV 61.1 had some problems yesterday with there signal you might want to do the same with them.

KOVR is on the same antenna as KXTV so type in 25.1 and adjust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would the fact that the DTV station is only running 1000kw max make it so that I would not be able to recieve the signal from this far away? I can recieve KTXL NTSC40, but they are also running at 5000kw...

Maybe when the Monterey stations go on the air and I have the Sac stations, I'll have 3 sets of HD stations! Interesting thing is that I found out that there are currently stations in Monterey on channel 35 and another on 25... I hope that wont matter too much!

Oddly, today I found that curving the wave recieving on the UHF antenna made KRON-57 jump from signal strength 30 before to 60 after... And KGO, KPIX, KBWB went down to 50 from the 80s before.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put up the Radio Shack antenna up in the air about 50 feet. And I can actually get 25 and 61! The signal strength for both stations is typically at 29 (which is bad because then I wont get a picture; I get a picture when it goes to 30), but the highest I've gotten is 50 and the lowest at 23.

Could anyone tell me what would help the signal, height or a preamp?

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.