AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know of a source for good Trance or Chill DVD-A or SACD's? Something like BT, Tiesto, Okenfold, Deep Forest, etc?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have "This Binary Universe" but still haven't listened to it all the way through yet. I planned to do that later this week.


Do you know where I could get that Deep Forest album? The only copy I've found is used on Amazon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
LTJ Bukem planet Earth in DTS surround music disc in 6.1. Some good stuff there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got Deep Forest's "Music Detected" in redbook. Some of my favorite female vocals. I love Beverly Jo Scott.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel /forum/post/12957373


Wow I haven't heard my redbook version in years, wouldn't mind hearing this in surround with the craziness of the jungle sounds bouncing from speaker to speaker.



DJoel

The SACD is stereo, not multichannel.


R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippman /forum/post/12927746


Do any of you know of a source for good Trance or Chill DVD-A or SACD's? Something like BT, Tiesto, Okenfold, Deep Forest, etc?

The only 5.1 trance SACD's I'm aware of are:


Paul Van Dyk - Reflections

E Nomine - Die Prophezeiung


both out of print.


For dance/electronica stuff you can also check out


Schiller - Leben

Groove Armada - Vertigo

Groove Armada - Lovebox

Groove Armada - Goodbye Country Hello Nightclub


Leben and Vertigo are still in print as far as I know.


R
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razvanel /forum/post/12969697


The only 5.1 trance SACD's I'm aware of are:


Paul Van Dyk - Reflections

E Nomine - Die Prophezeiung


both out of print.


For dance/electronica stuff you can also check out


Schiller - Leben

Groove Armada - Vertigo

Groove Armada - Lovebox

Groove Armada - Goodbye Country Hello Nightclub


Leben and Vertigo are still in print as far as I know.


R



Yeah I have both Grove Armada Vertigo, and Good-bye Country.....I did n't know Lovebox was out on Sacd...


Also on Sacd The Art Of Noise, there are two but I only have one the live one , don't know if it's 5.1


I wish the Boards Of Canada would release some hi rez stuff like Music Has The Right would be nice




DJoel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
You may want to check out either of the 2 Blue Man Group DVD-Audio discs.

They have some trance elements in them and are quite good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel /forum/post/12980345


Also on Sacd The Art Of Noise, there are two but I only have one the live one , don't know if it's 5.1

I have both Art of Noise SACD's, they are both 5.1 but they are not trance.


R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby /forum/post/12981271


You may want to check out either of the 2 Blue Man Group DVD-Audio discs.

They have some trance elements in them and are quite good.

+1


I am always surprised that there is not more music in this genre in high rez multi-channel. Every detail and sample is sctrutinized over one would think artists would value the higher resolution playback. Perhaps the cost is a detourant?


I would love to see some stuff from BOC, STS9, RJD2, Blockhead, Sphongle, etc...
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top