AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I am looking to buy a new CD player, and want to enter the SACD market as long as I am buying a new player. I have an OLD Sony 5-disc player that I run to my B&K with Toslink. My questions is, what are the benefits of the Sony ES line SACD players, specifically the 222ES and 555ES? Someone please enlighten me.

The reason I am having such a problem with this is the local brick and mortar stores are not stocking SACD (or DVD-A for that matter). They seem to playing the waiting game, while I am tired of that. I need a new CD player anyway, and want SACD. Assistance please.....

-Chuck

B&K 307

Thiel CS.5, SCS3

Acurus A250

Sony S7700

·
Registered
227 Posts
by benefits--do you mean the benefits over the non-ES Sony SACD players or benefits over regular CD players? I assume the former. . .Sony ES is designed with more care for the signal path, topology and build quality. I'm not sure about parts selection. If you're not interested in multichannel SACD, the 333ES is a steal these days. It was initially over $1 grand and now Good Guys is letting closeout models go for around $300. It's been discontinued.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should clarify.....

My question goes more to the differences between the 222ES and 555ES. My understanding is they are both multi-channel and 5 disc carrousel. where does the difference lie...quality, laser, lens,.....? Thanks for any thoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.