AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A cool little co-op LittleBigPlanet spinioff game is coming to the PSN for Move owners. It'll be free for PS+ members on Dec. 7th, and release for $6 for non-members on Dec. 14th. Anyone who is getting LBP2 can wait until Jan. 18 where it'll be included for free.

Quote:
Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves

This is a brand new spin-off PSN title that showcases all of the fun that can be had when Sackboy gets his hands on the PlayStation Move motion controller. Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves contains a brand new 10 level theme dominated by dinosaurs, where the Evil Big Rex is king. Throughout your mission you must take on challenges engineered by Terrance Dactyl - and you're going to some need help, so put on your bear skins and grab up to four friends to navigate the tough terrain of the tropical jungle dodging erupting volcanoes and other environmental hazards standing in your way.

~~~

Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves is completely standalone - it doesn't require the original LittleBigPlanet game or LittleBigPlanet 2 to run. What you will need is one PlayStation Move controller (and the PlayStation Eye camera, of course) and at least one friend with a DualShock Controller - since it is a Move-required and multiplayer-only co-op experience. The game will also be included on the LittleBigPlanet 2 disc when it is released on January 18.

But, for everyone who's desperate to have some motion-controlled fun with Sackboy before then, and for the new PS3 and Move owners who haven't yet gotten acquainted with our stitched-together friend, Sackboy - Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves will be available on the PlayStation Store on December 14 for $5.99.

That's not all though! A week earlier, on December 7, all PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves for free! And, as an extra thank you, thousands of LittleBigPlanet supporters will receive Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves for free; stay tuned for more details as we get closer to December 7.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I wish I could get my wife to move. It's way too crowded around here with her fat @%^. JK

I think I will wait for the game in January. It would be nice to have a free download for preorder folk.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable /forum/post/19613907

Anyone else?

Me, too. Downloaded, didn't play. Put up the Christmas tree, instead.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
I just got a free voucher for this, though I'm not a PS+ sub. Is this game worth buying a Move? Will I have to have two Moves since it's co-op multiplayer only? Any way to play w/o a Move? TIA!

·
Registered
12,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't had time to try it yet, but from the first post...

Quote:
Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves is completely standalone – it doesn’t require the original LittleBigPlanet game or LittleBigPlanet 2 to run. What you will need is one PlayStation Move controller (and the PlayStation Eye camera, of course) and at least one friend with a DualShock Controller – since it is a Move-required and multiplayer-only co-op experience.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I played the first two levels tonight. It was really cool, my 7 year old did the Move and I controlled the Sackboy. It worked really well. The new graphics are outstanding, can't wait until the full game.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Played the first two levels as well. Got home last night from a date night and the fiance actually asked to play the game. I'd say it's a success.

·
Registered
12,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm a bit late here, but I've also got a chance to play this gem of a mini-game. If they had put out a full release with 50+ levels, it would have been a contender for my game of the year. Motion controls and forced co-op really adds a lot to a genre that's almost as old as video gaming itself, and my two girls got a kick out of it even more than I did.

My youngest and I controlled our Sackkids while my oldest used the Move. It's pretty hilarious how certain deaths happen since anyone actually playing with a character is at the mercy of the one using the motion wand. The levels are pretty diverse and very well designed. We made it pretty far, but then my youngest got too excited trying to make a series of timed jumps and literally bounced off the couch onto the floor, hurting her arm. She's ok but we put it away and will finish it off this weekend.

Huge thumbs up for SMH. It was free with PS+ but I definitely think it is worth a full purchase (unless you are getting it anyway with LBP2).

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
I'd like to see this have online co-op play. My daughter and her cousin love playing LBP together, and got a chance to play this during their visit over the holidays, but being 100 miles apart means they can't play anymore. Really good game!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Wife and I dowloaded this and played a few levels last night. In short, what an awesome mini game. Having to work in sync with a partner just made it a blast. How much, if any of LBP2 is going to be move compatible? Haven't really followed it. Anyone on the fence just get it, and for the + members with move controllers, it's a no brainer. Gotta like Free

·
Registered
6,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highqualityh2o /forum/post/19762645

My Wife and I dowloaded this and played a few levels last night. In short, what an awesome mini game. Having to work in sync with a partner just made it a blast. How much, if any of LBP2 is going to be move compatible? Haven't really followed it. Anyone on the fence just get it, and for the + members with move controllers, it's a no brainer. Gotta like Free

To answer your question, according to IGN's full review of the game:

Quote:
I've seen a lot of people asking how PlayStation Move works in LittleBigPlanet 2, and the short answer is "It doesn't." It isn't broken; it just isn't in the game. Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves (a Move game available right now on the PlayStation Store) is on the disc, but that's it. At the moment, LBP2 doesn't use the motion controller at all but it supports it for future additions.

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1142372p2.html

·
Registered
12,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
However, Molecule Media has said that in a major future update, they will add more motion levels/games as well as integrate Move controls into their user creation platform in LittleBigPlanet2.

The developer sees the potential in Move controls for LBP2 but didn't want to delay the game's release while they polish up the creation tools for it. By this time next year we will probably have hundreds of Move-controlled levels and games to play in LBP2.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts