AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent an email this evening to David Hosley, General Manager for KVIE. I was extremely suprised to recieve a response from him, after hours, with a great answer to "when do we get a digital signal from KVIE?"

He stated that their antenna checked out OK last week, received the transmitter yesterday, and will begin testing next week.

With any luck, we will FINALLY get reliable PBS HD in the very near future!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nightowl:

I live in Granite Bay (Sacramento)....I have Dish network and am planning to get the 6000u HDTV receiver. Do I need an external antenna (on my roof? on my Dish?) to receive the local HDTV broadcasts (I have all the local stations thru Dish)?

Which antenna do you recommend, if I need one? (the CEA website recommended a 'Yellow' antenna which I belive is multi-directional and attaches to the dish).

Thanks in advance

Amar

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
I think your pretty far out there for a multi-directional dish mount. If you have line of site, you would be better off with a long range directional. You should be able to "point it and forget it". I am using an old 45 mi Radio Shack vhf/uhf combo without any amp or rotor, getting 87%-96% reception.

What is KVIE's uhf channel gonna be?

Hammer

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KVIE's digital channel assignment is 53. I've been working late every night this week, so I haven't had a chance to see if there's anything there...

Anyone else find anything?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.