AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any members interested in getting a plasma are in the Sacramento Area here is a list of stores that have plasmas on display:

Audio Fx (Howe Blvd): Marantz 50"

Paradyme HT (Fulton Ave): Pioneer HD 50"

Fry's Electronics: Sampo 42", New Panny 42", Panny 50", Toshiba Theater Wide 42"

Regards,

Rick

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello,

I am in the Sacramento Area and have been paciently waiting for Dell to send me my 42NECMP3. They now are saying the estimated shipping date is unknown. This company is REALY working my nerves! There web site still claims they are in stock. :(

Held hostage by Dell,

Anthony

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sfgiantsfan,

When did you place your order? I placed mine on Oct. 26 and the original ship date was Oct.31. But like you, Dell sent me email just before the ship date to state a delay until Nov.11. Well, to my surprise it showed up at my door last Friday. Of course I missed it and had to drive to the FedEx warehouse on Richards Blvd during evening commute because the driver wasn't back yet. Bottom line, I got it and love it! Well worth the delays especially at the price it was purchased for.

Good Luck and good patience,

Rick

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello,

I ordered mine on 10-27 and have been waiting since. I didint want to spend this much on a set, but I figured I wouldint be able to buy at this price for a couple of more years. (Great Deal)

The more I wait tho...make me wonder how much I will enjoy this set. I have seen the sets at Frys and local Good Guys. (Sony at Good Guys) I have had a TW40H80 for the last 2 years and loved it. (Untill it BROKE TWICE) The last set I owned was the Phillips PW349817. This set was REAL nice but had a poor line doubler and horrid inputs.

I hope I did the right thing....Are they that good looking or just cool because they are small.

Anthony

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anthony,

I think the internal scaler makes this unit worth the wait. My sat and ota pictures look much better than with my dvdo. I especially like the "stadium" picture mode....it stretches the outer portion of the image while preserving the image ratio in the middle. A definite plus for prevention of burn in. The new Panny may have a better overall picture but for what I payed for this one it cant be beat. Also, there are issues with the Panny that have not cropped up with the NEC. I personally think plasmas in general look better than rear projection. This NEC presents a better picture than my Proscan 36" crt hdtv. Now if I could only find someone to buy it:)

Regards,

Rick

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havent been to any of the above mentioned stores in awhile...I suspect that audio fx and Paradyme HT still show the Marantz and Pioneer plasmas, respectively. Fry's...I'm not so sure about. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rick

·
Registered
103 Posts
I believe I saw Fujitsu, Sony, Runco, Sharp and Pioneer plasmas out at Paradyme's new store in Roseville. It is quite a nice store.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ooh, I need to hit up this Paradyne place. Don't think I've ever been to Roseville (i just bounce between work in Folsom and downtown Sac), but this is just the motivation i need :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I agree with the previous guy who said that the new Paradyme store in Roseville is great. Lots of good stuff to look at. Even a few HT rooms. Home Theater Company is off of Highway 50 at Power Inn Rd which should be on your way home from work.
http://www.hometheatercompany.com/

I haven't been in there in over a year, so I don't know what they have set up. Probably worth a look.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh I just wanted to add that the Good Guys on Arden Way had the Fuji 5002 and a couple of Sony 42s on display around Christmas time.

Regards,

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.