AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had it with my TERK helicopter blade antenna.The TERK basically works when it wants to. I know it's not the antenna's fault, given the fact that I am trying to reach these signals from Rocklin. I purchased this one because of it's size and unobtrusive looks. It does pick up signals 75% of the time but it's the other 25% that frustrates me.

While size is still an issue of importance, I no longer care how ugly a different antenna may look.

So now my question: Which brand has worked best for you that live outside of Sactown? (without going too large?) Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
I live in Fairfield and have Radio Shack's $50 UHF only antenna with a rotor mounted 23 feet above ground. I get all the San Francisco and Sacramento stations from here with good signal strength and reliability. You might want to check out this web site:
http://www.antennaweb.org/antennaweb/


------------------

Tom Smith


[This message has been edited by tsmit32 (edited 07-04-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just borrowed the Silver Sensor indoor antanna from a friend and whadda ya know...EVERYTHING comes in strong! I mounted it outside under the eave. Incredible how much smaller this one is and delivers much better than the TERK. Wish I'd known this before I plopped $95 down for the TERD (oops)...TERK antenna.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
If you are aiming for the Sac HD towers they are all in the same place so a super directional UHF would be the best...I live in sac so can't help but I use the Silver sensor indoor, it is better than ny roof ratshack uhf/vhf! I'd go channelmaster I belive the number is 3010
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top