AVS Forum banner

10101 - 10120 of 11356 Posts

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
KBTV-CD will be moving to RF Channel 27 in early September. Same power as we are on Ch. 51. --Bill H.
Looks like your new antenna protecting KEXT-CA is all for naught. You should file an amendment for a new antenna to restore your coverage. Why?

Today the FCC granted a construction permit for a digital companion channel KEXT-LD on RF 20 that will be located on Mt. Allison in Fremont at the KSTS transmitter site. KEXT-CA on RF 27 is unlikely to return with just a year before the LPTV analog shutdown. With KEXT-CA off the air and their new digital station on RF 20 there is nothing to protect on RF 27 to the south of Sacramento.

LPTV game playing never ceases to amaze me.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I'll have to keep an eye out for KEXT on 20. That's where low power KAXT 42 (virual 1) is transmitting from and I get them okay here in the city.

Thanks for the info.

Larry
SF

·
Registered
416 Posts
KUVS 19 (RF 18) is now

19.1 Univision
64.2 KTFK.2 UniMas
19.3 Bounce
19.4 Escape

KTFK now has added
64.4 Grit

Escape and Grit start running full programming on Monday.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
@TheDucksfan201... Hey, glad to see you back on here.

Thanks for the update on the addition of Escape and Grit up your way. They've been added down here, too... Escape on KDTV 14.4 and Grit on KFSF 66.4.

Larry

·
Registered
416 Posts
@TheDucksfan201... Hey, glad to see you back on here.

Thanks for the update on the addition of Escape and Grit up your way. They've been added down here, too... Escape on KDTV 14.4 and Grit on KFSF 66.4.

Larry
Seems like Fresno is the only "local" market where they both found a home on the same station, joining Univision and GetTv on channel 21 (rf 20).

·
Registered
145 Posts
Can't Scan in Channel 13.1 or 58.1

I just got a replacement DirecTV HR24-500 Receiver and also have it connected to a Directv OTA Receiver. When I do a scan I do not see 13.1 or 58.1. I am able to scan 13.2, which pulls in the same channels as the DirecTV 13 channel. I have another HR24 in the house that was scanned several months ago and it shows 13.1 and 58.1. I have not attempted a new scan on the older HR24 as I didn't want to have an issue with that device.

Is there an issue with these two channels?

I have a Channel Master 4228 Antenna.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
HR24/AM21 receivers don't scan, they use data downloaded from DirecTV's database for "enabling" local stations in the guide. If the data isn't present in the guide when downloaded, it won't show up.

Try resetting the system and redoing the setup, perhaps with an alternate zip code closer to Sac.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I did a reset as suggested above and it did find 58.1 this time. However, it did not find 13.1, but did find 13.2 with a 100% signal strength. The 13.2 programming is the same as what is on 13, so I guess I'm good to go.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Does anyone know anything about Ch 10-4 PSIP Test0004 (rf 23)?

Apparently it belongs to Rf 23 KEZT and is airing Unimas.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I did a reset as suggested above and it did find 58.1 this time. However, it did not find 13.1, but did find 13.2 with a 100% signal strength. The 13.2 programming is the same as what is on 13, so I guess I'm good to go.
It's interesting that your tuner is showing 13.2 and not 13.1. KOVR does not have a .2 sub-channel. You're good to go, but I thought you might like to know that your tuner is acting a bit weird. :) Your tuner should have also found 58.2 in addition to 58.1.

You can check my station list, linked below, for a look at all the stations in your area.

Larry

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
This morning KEZT has reshuffled their lineup:

23.1 - Univision 19 HD
23.2 - Univision 19 HD
23.3 - Bounce SD
23.4 - Escape SD
10.4 - HSN SD

Chuck

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
There have been no issues with KVIE here of any sort. I don't know why you've started having problems.

Chuck
Thanks Chuck. I think I am just too far from the transmitter. Since PBS is important to me I think I'm going to do what I've been contemplating for so long now... I'm pointing er north to get KIXE. :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
KSCO 33 (rf 3) is looking at their multiplexer, and Telemundo SD on 33.4 should be returning to the air. No word on anything to replace Zuus Country on 33.3. Looks like it will stay silent/black, or be pulled off the air.

10101 - 10120 of 11356 Posts