AVS Forum banner

10621 - 10640 of 11354 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
There have been several changes to station programming recently. I just updated my DTV Channel List that's in Virtual Channel order and added a new column for Post Repack Channel.

Before I update the other lists, would everyone please review this list and let me know if you see any other changes needed or any errors. Also let me know if Post Repack Channel is a good description.

http://www.choisser.com/sfonair.html

Thanks

Larry

·
Registered
196 Posts
There have been several changes to station programming recently. I just updated my DTV Channel List that's in Virtual Channel order and added a new column for Post Repack Channel.

Before I update the other lists, would everyone please review this list and let me know if you see any other changes needed or any errors. Also let me know if Post Repack Channel is a good description.

http://www.choisser.com/sfonair.html

Thanks

Larry
Larry, "Post Repack Channel" says it all very nicely, IMHO. Thanks for this outstanding list; it's the Rosetta Stone of OTA and Repack in our area.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
The National Association of Broadcasters has released some of the new channel assignments at this site: http://www.nab.org/repacking/clearinghouse.asp

Using that information I've updated my TV Channel Lists (linked below) for 6 Sacramento stations -- KVIE 6, KOVR 13, KEZT 23, KMAX 31, KTXL 40 and KQCA 58.

The FCC will release the full list in a few weeks.

Larry

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
In addition here's what the new Sacramento market might look like:

KEZT-CD 14 (I'm surprised they're staying on the air.)
KQCA 23
KMAX 24
KOVR 25 (KOVR & KMAX are co-owned. KMAX reported but KOVR didn't. No need to report if you're not moving.)
KTFK Staying on 26? (KEZT & KTFK are co-owned. KEZT reported but KTFK didn't. No need to report if you're not moving.)
KTXL 33
KSPX ??? (I'm guessing 34 since it looks like the repack is trying to group stations together.)
KCRA Staying on 35? (KCRA & KQCA are co-owned. KQCA reported but KCRA didn't. No need to report if you're not moving.)
KVIE 9
KXTV Staying on 10 I'll bet.
KUVS ??? Still could channel share with KTFK.

No full power low VHF for Sacramento. Bye-bye KTNC.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The "not-so" full power extra stations ..... Air check from Roseville.

Analog 32 ... (Pace syscode Loader) ? ....image....what is this ?

Others worth noting
8-1 .... Crossings
27-1... 3ABN
43-1... KAHC-LD
47-1... KFMS-LD
49-1... Azteca

Unknown station on RF 45 seen on spectrum analyzer. ?
Street traffic between me & Walnut grove created a double warble pulse sound on the analyzer.
As if the car tires were running over the signal. Never experienced that before. But this is valley floor conditions.
Experienced an overload condition on KTXL RF 40 only.
Interesting...

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
The "not-so" full power extra stations ..... Air check from Roseville.

8-1 .... Crossings
27-1... 3ABN
43-1... KAHC-LD
47-1... KFMS-LD
49-1... Azteca
The first four match my lists, but for 49-1, listed as KSAO, I have MundoMX. I'll change it to Azteca. Would someone please send me an update on the other sub-channels of 49-1.
Thanks
Larry

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The first four match my lists, but for 49-1, listed as KSAO, I have MundoMX. I'll change it to Azteca. Would someone please send me an update on the other sub-channels of 49-1.
Thanks
Larry
Sorry about the incomplete report. I was up there to repair some storm damage.... and did not bring any VHF antennas with me.
I wrote the unusual channels ... on a paper bag in my truck :eek:
I will check again on my next visit if nobody updates this thread on 49-1

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Sorry about the incomplete report. I was up there to repair some storm damage.... and did not bring any VHF antennas with me.
I wrote the unusual channels ... on a paper bag in my truck :eek:
I will check again on my next visit if nobody updates this thread on 49-1
Thanks! Since I can't receive a lot of the stations up that way, I need update input whenever anyone notices that the actual content doesn't match my list.

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
The FCC released the repack report today. No big changes for Sacramento.

Here's the line-up:

Station - Old RF Channel - New RF Channel

KCRA - 35 - 35
KVIE - 9 - 9
KXTV - 10 - 10
KOVR - 25 - 25
KSPX - 48 - 22
KMAX - 21 - 24
KTXL - 40 - 33
KQCA - 46 - 23
KTFK - 26 - 26
KBTV - 27 - 27
KKPM - 28 - 28
KMUM - 31 - 19
KEZT - 23 - 14
K20JX - 20 - 20
KUVS 18 - 18

In addition KCSO-LD is moving to Walnut Grove and staying on 3. The fate of the other LPTV stations is unknown for now.

You can explore the results for other markets here:

https://www.rabbitears.info/repackchannels.php?country=B&city=&state=&mktid=27&owner=&sort=

Chuck

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sacramento area foothill viewers may gain KRON as an intermittently viewable Bay area VHF station after the repack.

SF and San Jose VHF stations:
KRON is moving from 38 to 7
KGO is moving from 7 to 12
KNTV is moving from 12 to 13

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm in the middle of Sacramento and get KRON and most of the other bay area UHFs intermittently, also get KGO on really good days but have never gotten KNTV. I've never gotten local low-powers KKPM or K20JX.

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
I'm in the middle of Sacramento and get KRON and most of the other bay area UHFs intermittently, also get KGO on really good days but have never gotten KNTV. I've never gotten local low-powers KKPM or K20JX.

KKPM is located on the Sutter Buttes and shares channel 28 with KMMW. There's a lot of interference between those two stations in Sacramento. You probably need a highly directional antenna like a 91XG pointed north to be able to receive it. K20JX is located north of Rocklin. If you don't have an antenna pointed in that direction it's unlikely you'd receive it.

Chuck

·
Registered
325 Posts
When does KTXL move from 40 to 33?
Testing period should begin around January 17, 2020 and be complete by March 13, 2020. KTXL (FOX affiliate) should be one of the first to be finished in the Sacramento market (KSPX, ION Network being the other on this schedule), with the rest of the moving stations having their testing beginning March 13, 2020 and should be completed by May 1, 2020. For those of us just watching, not much will happen for a few years. I'm sure the technicians for each of these stations will be quite busy between now and then.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I understand that KFMS channel 47 has changed its programming line up. Is Cheddar now on 47-3? What's on 47-1 and 47-2? I'd like to update my station list. (See link in my signature.)

Thanks
Larry

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
I understand that KFMS channel 47 has changed its programming line up. Is Cheddar now on 47-3? What's on 47-1 and 47-2? I'd like to update my station list. (See link in my signature.)

Thanks
Larry

47.1 is still the network with logo I asked about before. I can't remember what it was. 47.2 is FTV (Fastivo TV). 47.3 is Cheddar. 47.4 and 47.5 are infomercials this morning. 47.6 is NewsMax. 47.7 is a black screen. The audio and video on 47.2 an .3 is messed up.

Chuck

10621 - 10640 of 11354 Posts