AVS Forum banner

10961 - 10980 of 11356 Posts

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
KBSV is back on the air now from Ceres. The transmitter is still only 500 watts and a 1 edge path 50 miles from here. I had my doubts whether I'd be able to receive it. Instead it's about the same strength as it was from its Mt. Oso location!

Chuck

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does the translator have its own call letters? I checked for one the first few days it was on but didn't see any (I sometimes got KICU in, and tuning to that got KXTV's new translator in its place when it came on.) I get both it and their VHF signal though reception of that has always been inconsistent- they really needed to do something about it if they wanted people here to watch. Wondering if they'll put something back on 10-3, Movies! was one of the only channels I really cared about. (On my LG TV, if you manually enter channel 10-3 the VHF channel name will show as "Blank" with no sound or picture signals but signal strength shows it as present but my TV won't let me add it back into available channels and there doesn't seem to be such a channel on the UHF translator. When KMTP was on full-power, their two blank channels 32-2 and 32-4 always showed up in the available channels, also showing a signal being present but triggering the TV's wallpaper as no picture or sound were actually there.)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Does the translator have its own call letters? I checked for one the first few days it was on but didn't see any (I sometimes got KICU in, and tuning to that got KXTV's new translator in its place when it came on.) I get both it and their VHF signal though reception of that has always been inconsistent- they really needed to do something about it if they wanted people here to watch. Wondering if they'll put something back on 10-3, Movies! was one of the only channels I really cared about. (On my LG TV, if you manually enter channel 10-3 the VHF channel name will show as "Blank" with no sound or picture signals but signal strength shows it as present but my TV won't let me add it back into available channels and there doesn't seem to be such a channel on the UHF translator. When KMTP was on full-power, their two blank channels 32-2 and 32-4 always showed up in the available channels, also showing a signal being present but triggering the TV's wallpaper as no picture or sound were actually there.)
It is KXTV-LD 36

·
Registered
494 Posts
Does the translator have its own call letters?

No - digital replacement translators do not get their own call sign. They are on the same license as the master station and use the same call sign.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wouldn't they have to show "KXTV-TV and LD" in their legal IDs then? So far I haven't seen anything on-air acknowledging the 2nd station, since they both show "KXTV" and channel 10 in the info, someone less informed about how this stuff works would think they were getting the same station twice. Channel 33 is sort of doing the same thing with two low-power stations (I can only get one of those here but my friend gets them both), but those are at least ID'd with different call letters in their channel info.

·
Registered
17,277 Posts
It is not a translator. It is a Low Power DTV.. KXTV-LD.
This is incorrect. It is a digital replacement translator, exactly as dhett describes.

Wouldn't they have to show "KXTV-TV and LD" in their legal IDs then?
As dhett states, it lacks its own call sign. KXTV-LD does not exist.

- Trip

·
Registered
494 Posts
47 CFR 74.787 describes the digital replacement translator. See para. (5)(v) and (5)(vi) specifically. That is what KXTV's channel 36 is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I picked up 12.3,12.4 12.5 RF12,no picture or info.Also KQED RF 9 appeared ,was working good but lost on rescan.Cant find any info on LARRYS LIST.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
I picked up 12.3,12.4 12.5 RF12,no picture or info.Also KQED RF 9 appeared ,was working good but lost on rescan.Cant find any info on LARRYS LIST.
The former virtual 12, KQSL-LD, transmitting from Mt. Tamalpais in Marin County, changed to virtual 17 a few weeks ago. RF 12 is KNTV, virtual channel 11, transmitting from Mt. San Bruno. I'm not sure what you were receiving.

Larry
SF

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Does anyone know how to contact KMAX about programming? I can't find any contact info on line.

They're showing Major Crimes on Saturday evening but recently only every other episode. Pretty hard to watch a 5 part story when only 2 episodes are shown.

I thought maybe it was showing on different nights but scrolling through the guide for a week didn't find any other showings.

Chuck

·
Registered
75 Posts
Does anyone know how to contact KMAX about programming? I can't find any contact info on line.

They're showing Major Crimes on Saturday evening but recently only every other episode. Pretty hard to watch a 5 part story when only 2 episodes are shown.

I thought maybe it was showing on different nights but scrolling through the guide for a week didn't find any other showings.

Chuck

Email [email protected] or call 916-374-1313. They really hide the information.. https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/cbs13-cw31-tv-station-info/

·
Registered
4,954 Posts

KOVR severe glitches every 15-30 seconds. Screen goes black or all green and audio pops... Please fix before prime time.

(comcast feed)

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
After many months of being off the air, KMMW-LD is back on RF 28. They have filed a displacement application with the FCC to move to RF 14 that includes an agreement with KSAO-LD for both of them to operate on RF 14. They've managed to do this by adjusting their directional antennas to meet interference requirements. They can't remain on RF 28 because KBCW in SF will be moving to RF 28 as part of the repack. I've been told that KMMW-LD is ready to fire up on RF 14 as soon as the FCC grants their application. Apparently they expect this to be approved because they've bought a new transmitter and antenna. All this may happen before Jan. 1, 2019.

Chuck

10961 - 10980 of 11356 Posts