AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I noticed it for about 10 mins but I don't know how long 3-1 was actually off the air. It's good to get feedback so I know it's not my STB. I also had no audio on 40-1 on Monday and Tuesday between 6-7pm. I guess it's the stations growing pains?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
It was off most of the day, I believe. I was a little upset that I couldn't watch the noon news on their digital station.

Since I'm almost never home during the daytime, I just figured they were still doing that stupid stunt of turning the DT feed off until 6 or 7 PM.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Rather than a stunt I believe it was probably due to their working out the kinks of the upcoming KQCA-DT move from channel 35 to its' FCC assigned channel 46.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I for one can't wait for that move! Finally we will get smallville in HD and hopefully they will bump up the bit rate for channel 3's HD offerings. I'm not sure if anyone else saw Blueman Group on Leno the other night but it was very apparent that 14Mb/s doesn't cut it in certain situations.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Does anyone one know the start date for channel46? It's smalltown to broadcast Fraiser in sd on the 1080i channel while you're broadcasting Smallville, which is in 1080i, on the Sd channel.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rclifton
I for one can't wait for that move! Finally we will get smallville in HD...
Until the move I've been watching Smallville in HD on the channel 3.1 repeat broadcasts on Sundays at 5:00 p.m. And Everwood at 6:00 p.m. if I missed the previous Monday night airing. That's the temp solution KQCA/KCRA have been doing for months.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi:

Just wanted to say that, Smallville in HD on Tuesday nights can't come soon enough! :D

As some of you may know from some of earlier posts, I've been one unhappy camper when it comes to the whole KQCA/KCRA arrangement. The Sac folks and all those in its transmission line of sight (i.e. me) have been gettin' screwed while folks in SF have been able to view Smallville on Tuesdays in HD with no problem.

As soon as the KQCA move is completed, could someone please post it up so that we all know?

Thank you!

Edit: FYI, you can watch Everwood in HD when it originally airs on Mondays. That's because NBC doesn't have a HD show being broadcast at that same time (9pm).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.