AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed today that one of the Spanish channels is now broadcasting a very weak signal on digital channel 14-1. Still no sign of KVIE.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Might have been KDTV-DT on actual channel 51 from San Jose?

They are certainly Spanish. I don't see a digital assignment

for KMMK-LP analog channel 14 in Sacramento or KAZV-LP

analog channel 14 in Modesto.

Ron

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dr1394
Might have been KDTV-DT on actual channel 51 from San Jose?

They are certainly Spanish. I don't see a digital assignment

for KMMK-LP analog channel 14 in Sacramento or KAZV-LP

analog channel 14 in Modesto.

Ron
Wow, yep it was KDTV after all. Where is their transmitter I wonder? It was very weak and dropped out pretty much constantly but there it was.Going to check it again today. I just have a Silver Sensor on the roof and live in Sac just 4-5 miles south of downtown off Fruitridge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to 100000watts.com, their transmitter is not too far off 99 near Keyes. Thats about 90 miles or so... Conditions must have been just right to get that signal from Sacramento with a Silver Sensor huh? :)

·
Registered
868 Posts
I also noticed that they were there yesterday. Getting a signal strength reading in the mid 40's actually broadcasting on channel 51 but aliased to 14-1 on my receiver here in Fair Oaks with an antenna pointed toward Walnut Grove.

Like you what I am really waiting for is KVIE-DT

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
KDTV-DT channel 51 (virtual 14) transmits from Mt. Allison which is located in the hills above Fremont, CA. The station is licensed to San Francisco.

If you get that station, you should also try KSTS channel 49 (virtual 48) which transmits from the same location, and KICU 52 (virtual 36) which transmits from Monument Peak just to the south of there.

For a complete list of stations that are on the air in Northern California, please check out my web site:
http://www.choisser.com/broadcst.html

Any updates on the Sacramento area would be appreciated.

Larry

San Francisco

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.