AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Anyone in Sacramento receive PBS? I just got my HD STB yesterday and have been able to enjoy CBS and Jay Leno in HD, looks awesome. I was hoping to get the PBS with their HD demo loop. Anyone know how to get it? Is it my antenna?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys for the info... lets hope its jan1 and not may. i would hate to have to wait that long

·
Registered
101 Posts
I received an e-mail reply from them recently stating it would probably be late next summer before they would be ready to go digital. They are " looking forward to providing their programming in HDTV."

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Hey fellow Northern Californians...what STB's are you using and are you using an interior or exterior ant? What make of either one. Also, how is the reception? I am in Vacaville and have been thinking about a STB, but the wife REFUSES to put an ant. on the roof! What are my options?

Thanks,

Dave Vaughn

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Dave, I too am in Vacaville! Just using a set of 29.99 rabbit ears here and receiving all of the Sacramento HD crystal clear. I didn't want an antenna on the roof either so I started small. To my surprise rabbit ears worked, so I stopped right there. I have a RCA F38310 with built in decoder which is basically a DTC-100.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
LarsYouPutz,

What part of Vacaville are you in? I am over in the Browns Valley Area and was concerned with the Airport Interference (I get it with radio sometimes)?

Thanks for the reply.

Dave

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm in South Vaca...Westgate area. We get lousy cell phone reception here, but the HDTV reception is perfect. A trade-off I'm willing to accept. CSI in Hi-Def tonight....sweeeet! I would buy, try it out, and return if no go. It's worth the try. I also have DaveTv Hd.HBO and HDNet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.