AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I guess I don't really want horror stories, but reading this forum has convinced me of two things - first of all to buy a 26 inch Sharp Aquos LC-26GA5U, and second of all to buy it online instead of in a store. The cost savings online are impressive. But when I go to something like Pricegrabber and do a search, the merchants that come up are ones I've never heard of. The particular one in this case is buydig. It's cheaper than tigerdirect, even, which is usually pretty darn cheap.

What I want to know is if anybody has any experience with buydig. More broadly, I'm just wondering in general about buying a tv for over a thousand clams from any of these basically no-name online places. Anybody had bad experiences? Do you recommend against it? Do you recommend shelling out the extra 200 bucks to get it from Amazon or the extra 300 from Best Buy just to be able to have someone who handles returns regularly and normally?

If you happen to have an opinion on Aquoses (Aquosi?!) in this range, do chip in.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Two sets from buydig (a dlp and the Sharp you're considering) with no problems. I've had extremely fast shipping from them. Both orders were placed and received within a week, but it helps that I'm in NY and they're in NJ. As far as communication/customer service, I only phoned them once in order to confirm they were authorized Sharp dealers and that went well enough. You'll get an automated email confirmation when you place your order and then a shipping notification, but that was it as far as communication. I'd check some of their feedback elsewhere for problem resolution and make sure you read their return policy before buying.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I bought a digital camera from buydig last Christmas and received it as ordered with no problems.

Their customer support was prompt and courteous, however they were clueless regarding some technical questions that I had, suggesting that I contact the manufacturer with my inquiry instead.

Even though I have previously ordered my PDP's online from a forum sponsor without a problem, I would consider a local B&M (like Costco) in the future for similar big ticket items to avoid the hassle in the event I had to return it for whatever reason.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I bought a digital camera from buydig about four years ago. No problems. They did call to confirm and try and sell accessories, but I told them it was my second digital camera (it wasn't) and I already had all the extras. They stopped the sales pitch and all went well.

·
Thread Ender
5,000 Posts
I bought a 26" Sharp LCD from BuyDig this past December. It arrived quickly,

double boxed, and no problems. After that, a guy in my office also bought a

Sharp from them with no problems.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought a digital camcorder from BuyDig last fall without an issue and would buy from them again. As I recall from that purchase, they weren't the cheapest of the online stores, but they were among the cheapest and that had good store reviews (on pricegrabber or shopping.com can't remember which).

HTH,

Spyder

·
Registered
3 Posts
i used ECOST to buy my 26 inch sharp lcd. i bought other things with them also. no complaints.

One thing to note.. sometimes company's can't show the price on sites like pricescan.. you have to go to the site, add it to your cart and see the price.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I bought a Sharp 37" from buydig last year. Not only did I not have any problems, it arrived in Chicago two days after I placed the order. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.