AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will probably be buying a new HDTV in next few months. The TV will go between the stereo speakers. Can someone tell me the minimum safe distance the speakers need to be from the screen? The speakers are Dunlavy Audio Labs SC IVs. They are 6 feet tall. Each speaker has two 10 inch woofers, two 5 inch mid ranges and a tweeter. The speaker sit out from the wall such that the back of the speakers are out about as far as the front of the TV. Our current TV is a 12 year old Sony RPTV. It has some screen anomalies that have worsened over time but I do not know if they are caused by the speakers.

Mike

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well with my old Dinosaur (what wife calls my RPTV), I have mine about 3 feet to each side and I cant say that the Dinosaur shows any apparent defects and I would expect the same to hold true with other CRT Displays.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I used to have my tower speakers about 1 foot from the sides of my old Pioneer Elite. I didn't notice any distortion. I do know that center channel speakers tend to be shielded such that you can set them on the TV itself, but I'm not sure about towers.

·
2,432 Posts
If you get a RPTV (non CRT) there is no issue from the magnetic field of the speakers. I would be surprised to hear that a CRT RPTV would have an problem.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Speaking of speakers, be forewarned that the speaker shelf on Sammy's HLN467W is definitely on the smallish side...I have a Definitive Tech center speaker (sorry, forget what size, but recall its sub is 150w) and part of it overhangs the speaker slot. I consider it a reasonable size for a non-miniature center speaker. Nevertheless, I may move it once our stand arrives on Friday as I'm concerned it could fall on my child if he plays with it.

Ross

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.