AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you guys purchase a floor model? My local Costco has a PN58C6400 for a really good price. Only problem is, it's the one they've been using as an in-store display. It's the last one they have in stock and I'm debating if I should just pick it up as a second TV.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Unless it's something that you know has been there a few days, you gotta consider that some of these display models have been running 14-16hrs a day non stop. I wouldn't take the risk with a floor model.

On the plus side if you were to go for it id be broken in.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I was saying the same thing to myself the other day. BB had a 60" LG plasma that goes for $2799 , it was a display model they had marked down to $1899...VERY TEMPTING..but i thought to myself..this thing has run from 10am to 10pm 7 days a week for god knows how long..

·
Registered
638 Posts
Best Buy had a Panasonic 50 inch V10 for a ridiculously low price on a floor model (just over $700), but I declined. One had an obvious scratch and the other had a scratch that was only visible from certain angles. The second one was still a little tempting until I thought about the number of hours it would have been running for.

Had it been from a true AV store that knows how to take care of their equipment, it would have been a different story.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure they've had it on display for at least half a year. But what really is the downside of the TV being on for that long other than shortening the life of the set? I'll probably replace the set within 10yrs anyhow....

I'm more worried that the set wasn't broken in properly, if that really is a concern at all. I've checked out the screen with a flashlight for cracks, and that isn't an issue. lol, sounds like I'm trying to convince myself to purchase it.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkhead /forum/post/19554819

I was saying the same thing to myself the other day. BB had a 60" LG plasma that goes for $2799 , it was a display model they had marked down to $1899...VERY TEMPTING..but i thought to myself..this thing has run from 10am to 10pm 7 days a week for god knows how long..

$1899 isn't that big of a deal for a 60" LG, I bought my 60pk550 brand new for $1200.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts