Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was running a computer with Windows Media center and I liked the PVR software with it but was not very customizable. That was a demo of Media Center which can not be purchased. How is Sage TV in comparison to this? I have a Haupage 250, does Sage TV edit out commercials? Does it do anything with the Signal(Improve,dscale, etc) Does it work well with Haupage Remote?

I could not get the Demo version to work for somereason. I also am going to get a cable box for HDTV, how does it work with this?

·
Registered
23,131 Posts
Definitely worth it. I've been running it for about 10 months now and wouldn't want to be without it.

Haven't used MCE but Sage is only $60 where as MCE requires you to buy a whole PC.

Sage doesn't do anything with commercials, however it has customizeable skip settings, one 2:30min skip +/- a few 10s skips works well for most breaks.

The decoders by default deinterlace the video, but if using Elecard Decoders it is possible to use Dscaler deinterlacing filters such as TomMoComp.

Yes it works with the Hauppage remote.

It will also work with you cable box. It can control the box via IR or serial. The caveat is that the maximum quality is SD via S-Video so you won't be able to record HD channels at HD quality, but you can record them if the box outputs them down converted on S-Video.

What problem did you have with the demo version?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Sage user here.

I like the ability to watch live TV on my laptop most of all :D

Very good quality for live TV.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The demo version was not populating any channels, I did get it to work and so far the interface is nice. Is there an option to "record series" to just tape a certain show everytime it runs?

The picture is much better then the Toshiba HD4000 I tried from Best Buy.

It will be interesting to play around with the settings when I get home tonight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.