AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had both WinTV and SageTV working okay when tuning through my PVR-250 card. However, I got enthusiastic and wanted to test recording of content from a VCR tape through the PVR-250's composite audio/video-IN using SageTV. Apparently you can't do that. I couldn't find any way to do it, so I contacted the Sage folks, and they replied I should use SageRecorder for that. I downloaded the trial version and tried it out without any luck. And as a bonus, I can no longer watch TV using either SageTV or WinTV. So... I uninstalled SageRecorder. No dice. Still no TV, just a black screen. I uninstalled SageTV. Same thing. WinTV has a nice black screen.

Anyone had this problem? I didn't have time, but tonight I'll try uninstalling WinTV and re-installing to see if I can recover my initial setup. SageTV ain't looking too promising at the moment. :rolleyes: Hopefully, it didn't fry my card somehow. It would be very coincidental for my card to die just when I was trying out SageRecorder...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Did you set the card to use it's composite inputs? If it's set to use those and your source is now coming through the coaxial input, you would get a blank screen.

Also, you ought to post this on the sage.tv forums. You'll probably get a faster response there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.