AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HTPC cratered last weekend and took my OS and music drives with it (data-wise; physically they are okay). Before the crash, I was trying to fix a java error (null pointer error) that prevented SageTV from starting. I've now reinstalled W2K up to service pack 4, and I am still getting the error. I have not installed any anti-virus software, so it's not that. Has anyone had this problem? Neither version 1.4 or the 2.0 beta will work.

I know that TheaterTek won't work with SP4, but does Sage have issues with it, too?

Later,

Bill

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump...

Anyone with Sage running W2K with SP4?

Later,

Bill

·
Registered
665 Posts
You should post the error you are getting. The Sage forums are probably a better place for this as well if you have not already.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yes I am running SageTV and SageTV (v2) client on two different Win2k Servers w/SP4. No major issues.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
BTW, I've think I've got all sorts of JVMs on the machine that the client runs on. The server is a fresh install of Win2k SP4 and I just took the JVM that Sage carries with its installer.

·
Registered
638 Posts
try deleting sage.properties. if that doesn't cut it. uninstall sage, delete the sage directory in program files, then reinstall.

i had some java errors - maybe actually the null pointer error, and taking both steps resolved the issue. I'm on xp though.

jb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.