AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I was just coming to check this. Did Fox open up their wallet to show us this in 720p or is it going to be that 'widescreen enchanced' 420p garbage they show?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macd23
I was just coming to check this. Did Fox open up their wallet to show us this in 720p or is it going to be that 'widescreen enchanced' 420p garbage they show?
That would be 480p widescreen. ;)

I think FOX opened their wallet last year with up to 6 games per week.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Last years preseason games were only 480p, but that was before they started doing any HD. As far as I can tell, the preseason games starting tonight are going to be 720p.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast
That would be 480p widescreen. ;)

I think FOX opened their wallet last year with up to 6 games per week.

oops.....typo........I appreciated Fox 6 games a week last year, and they did improve in the playoffs in their quality. I am hoping this year they take it to another level with sharp images and pixel free grass......Showing preseason HD is another step in the right direction.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
I was just coming to check this.
Knew about before it was posted here. There's a great HD Sports schedule web site you should use.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Quote:
I am hoping this year they take it to another level with sharp images and pixel free grass
me too

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Its up in DD 5.1 and HD right now in Boston via Comcast Cable.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph S
I can name you one Fox OTA O&O station that isn't on the air right now and I'm not happy about it!
WHBQ, Memphis. What do I win?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Up in HD/5.1 on both KLJB in Quad Cities, IA/IL DMA and KFXA in Cedar Rapids, IA DMA.

PQ and SQ good on both.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
the PQ on the shot of Aikman and Buck looks like ****, that can't be HD.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I realize that its just preseason, but its gotta be close to 50/50 in comparing HD to SD cameras so far.

And I feel like I'm watching the Eagles/Falcons? NFC Championship Game again... the main action camera - the one that covers the plays live - looks like crud (on my setup).

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Its fine on closeups, but when panned back, it looks unfocused a bit and seems to be... how do I describe it... shimmering?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I still get some swimming grass on the main shot and although not as atrocious as last year, its still unacceptable. Sound mix is good, but I've got some idiot fan endlessly chanting in my right rear surround.

B-/C+

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.