AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've got a triple 20 with the flat panel mounting bracket for my 50" Fujitsu. Walnut with black support brackets and the black mesh screens for the doors. Very well made stuff with a "transitional" design flair to it. Blends well with either modern or traditional decor.

What's great about the Salamander stuff is that you can build it exactly as YOU want it. Got a big center channel? Not a problem. Need extra depth for your equipment? Add the extended rear panels (highly recommended by the way). Need to be able to move it easily? add the Saturn feet.

it's pricey, but you do get what you pay for. They also have some new racks out there that have a little more style to them besides the standard Synergy line.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
How sturdy is the plasma mount for your triple? I plan on picking up a plasma this fall and was checking out the mounting brackets for my synergy triple. I was suprised how it's installed, and shocked at the price. Although I haven't checked prices for traditional wall mounts so maybe it's not all that out of line.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the Synergy SLC30, triple 30 with center speaker shelf and flat panel mount. The shelves are cherry with black posts and sides. TV mount is solid. Very pricey but very customizable. TV mount is height adjustable and has 2 positions, 90 degrees (flat) and tilt slightly forward (7 degrees) and can support up to 180 lbs.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Anyone else have any more pictures?

I want to get their Matteo seats but cannot find any one local that has them on display....

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have a Salamander Synergy Triple with flat panel mount on order for my Pioneer Pro-141FD (Pioneer is charging US$400 for the pedestal stand!!). I checked out the Bello FP-2125 but the mount was incompatible with the 141FD (the mounting hole distance is too great). The Salamander has an extension kit to accomodate the 141FD (the vertical hole distance is too great for the standard mount).

I have seen the Salamander Synergy on display. It is a very well built, sturdy unit ... and is a nice looking piece of furniture. And the great thing about Salamander is it is modular ... you build the stand that suits your needs ... with the wood finish of your choice.

·
Banned
4,969 Posts
Salamander furniture is excellent quality and very well designed. The value is outstanding. Salamander is located in Berlin, CT and their furniture is all American made.

We sell a lot of Salamander a/v furniture and everyone is always very happy. BDI is also an excellent choice.

-Robert

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm impressed with the Salamander Synergy Triple 20 that I just purchased on Sunday. Fortunately, I didn't have to assemble it as it was a display item. It is 66-in wide, which is perfect for holding a 55-in TV and two small speakers across the top. The inside is completely open and that should help with ventilation. I especially appreciated the removable rear panels as that made it easy to hook up the receiver and the other components.

I was able to buy it for $500 (w/ three perforated steel doors) on close-out at my closest Best Buy (Bailey's Crossroads in Fairfax, VA). They had several others available as well and maybe other stores are doing the same.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is a pic of my setup with the Salamander Synergy Triple and my Elite 151. The shelves are adjustable and the space between the aluminum posts is pretty large for bigger components. IIRC the stand can hold up to 750lbs.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...6&d=1216707679

·
Banned
2,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer /forum/post/14676137

Salamander furniture is excellent quality and very well designed. The value is outstanding. Salamander is located in Berlin, CT and their furniture is all American made.

We sell a lot of Salamander a/v furniture and everyone is always very happy. BDI is also an excellent choice.

-Robert

I agree Robert as it's hard to beat the quality of a Salamander stand but you definitely pay for it. Like you said, BDI is also very nice and probably next tier and then for the more budget conscious Bello' makes some nice stands for a reasonable price.

·
Banned
4,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdog03 /forum/post/14821094

I agree Robert as it's hard to beat the quality of a Salamander stand but you definitely pay for it. Like you said, BDI is also very nice and probably next tier and then for the more budget conscious Bello' makes some nice stands for a reasonable price.

I am not sure I understand, depending on which way you go Bello quality and price wise is on par with Salamander.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Great stuff. Only orginal component I have in my system that I have not upgraded over the past 10 years or so. Still looks like new.

Very strong very functional.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I have sold salamander products at work for about 7 years now. I can't remember one case of one warping or falling apart to be honest. I had a few that got miscolored (sp) from hot electronics/Tv's on top but it wasn't that big of a deal because they just noticed it when they were swapping in a new tv

I have a 221 unit now with a ~200lb tube tv + 30lb center on top of it. I also have a 110lb ATI amplifier + all other equipment inside and it holds up very well.

I couldn't disagree more with roman though on bello. I think they make some of the worst junk in their price class. Yes, I have them at work but do my best to not sell them.

BDI is good, i really like the new revo units. I am thinking of changing my 221 salamander into one of them for a new look (and getting the center off the top of my tube tv) and going with a plasma display.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglm /forum/post/14676455

I don't have a picture but recently ordered a Synergy 221 Twin walnut/black posts and wheels
. I'm anxiously awaiting delivery. Mildly excited about assembling it...

My Salamander Synergy 221 Twin walnut with black posts & doors & wheels arrived. I assembled it, and now my Kuro 110 is happily sitting on top of it. Assembly was easy enough. The design of the parts and how it all fits togther really is very well done. And it looks really sharp!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.