AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
It used to be audiophileliquidator dot com. I won't generalize about if it's a stand-up company or shady. I did, however, order a pair of BPX speakers that arrived safely and have worked admirably, and at a decent price. The trade-off, of course, is that since it's not Def Tech authorized, they won't honor the warranty (I can't blame them). Apparently, the speakers are purchased by the company from dealers closing out stock or whatever, and then sold on their site. While I had a good result (and I was keeping my fingers crossed, believe me), I have heard examples of others who did not. Basically, everybody needs to consider what amount of risk they'll accept vs. the amount of money they'll save. I bought all of my Def Tech speakers online (BP10b fronts, CLR 2300, and SuperCube II on eBay, and the BPX from the company we're discussing), for two reasons; cost and ease (I stay at home with my 1 y.o. and 3 y.o. daughters, so driving 60+ miles to the nearest DT dealer and auditioning, etc. was not a desirable option). I was very familiar with the Def Tech bipolar sound (my uncle has some), and knew that was the way I wanted to go. I was extremely fortunate with my online purchases, but I know if I did it again it could easily be a nightmare experience. All I can say is "buyer beware", do your homework, and know what you're getting yourself into.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.