AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe you guys can help me. I've surfed the net, but can't find anyplace that can give me the info I want easily. I've called both Crutchfield and ABT, but they give me wrong info. Here's what I'm looking for in a new reciever:

1. HD component switching (at least 2 wideband components in)

2. Dolby Digital and DTS capability

3. At least 5 video inputs on the back. This seems to be the dealbreaker: I have 2 TiVos, a DVD player, a VCR, and a Playstation II. It would also be nice to have a video input on the front for my digital camera, but its not essential. It would also be nice to have composite->s-vid capabilities, but that isn't essential either.

Most of the recievers I looked at don't have enough video inputs. I found one Denon that has enough inputs on back, but didn't do HD switching.

Oh yeah, did I mention I'm not a gazillionair? :) I would like to keep it under $1,000.

Any suggsetions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Sony STR-DA5ES

4 S-Video inputs on the back (run your DVD through component), 2 component inputs, and A/V inputs on the front.

I've heard that the street price is close to $750 from places like J&R and Oade's.

Also in the same range:

HK AVR520

Denon AVR-3802

Onkyo TX-DS797

--Mike

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Phil,

What are you using for your display, and do you have a programmable remote for the system? You might be able to easily solve your problem with inputs by running a few things directly to your display, or routing something like the VCR or PS2 through a TV set.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark, I will be getting my MX-700 tomorrow, so I might have to do that. One of the reasons I wanted everything coming from the reciever was I was thinking of getting an external line doubler. It would have made it easy to send everything through that.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

·
Registered
488 Posts
the outlaw 950 has enough "plug-in" capability to make a prostitute jealous!

very acommodating unit to say the least!

:)

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
I think the big Integra receivers have everything you desire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.