AVS Forum banner

3781 - 3788 of 3788 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
In Herriman, it's coming in at ~8dBmV lower than KUTV. For some reason, my Tablo isn't picking it up. Later on today, I'll run a scan on my regular DVR and see if it shows up there.

Also sending the info to Trip.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Real Salt Lake training facility (Monarchs Stadium)(Zions Bank Stadium). About a mile south of there. It looks good on my regular DVR (Channel Master).

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
These are actual signal levels at my house. I haven't been on the roof since KQTI fired up, but you can do the math to get the signal level at the antenna -- 2-way splitter>~2dB of cable>26dB gain preamp>2-way combiner(splitter)>antenna.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Egnlsn, thank you! You are located fairly close to Farnsworth and you are in the main lobe of the KQTI signal. I'm guessing that at the antenna it would be around 10-11 dBmV, which is better than the other LPTVs from your location. BTW, tomorrow, the callsign legally changes from KQTI to KCSG-LD. It will be a primary duplication of KCSG-TV in Cedar City, except the .1 and .4 are blocked due to protecting our affiliate partner Nexstar station, KTVX. We also acquired former KUTA in Logan, UT. It's call letters have already been changed to K08QL-D, and it's status has changed from LPTV to translator. It will carry the complete KCSG-TV signal. We expect to have it on air in mid-October from the current licensed site.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Cool! Looking forward to it. How are you getting it from Cedar City to here? Will it be 720p up here?

I'm about 17 miles SSE from Farnsworth.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We operate this from our Chicago network operations center. We then direct feed via redundant paths to a local point of presence in Salt Lake City and from there we fiber to Comcast, Dish, DirecTV, and then down South to feed KCSG-TV and its translator in St George. We have redundant microwave paths to feed KCSG-LD in SLC. Up on the mountain, we have a new Gates main transmitter and a tiny aux transmitter.

3781 - 3788 of 3788 Posts