AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3786 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I use a HTPC with a HiPix card and have not been able to pick up Fox 13 in Pleasant Grove yet. Everything else comes in fine. I really hope they increase the signal strength in time for the NFL games.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Timpanogos
I use a HTPC with a HiPix card and have not been able to pick up Fox 13 in Pleasant Grove yet. Everything else comes in fine. I really hope they increase the signal strength in time for the NFL games.

I have yet to pull in any kind of signal from Fox in Murray. Rather than mess around with another antenna, I went the Comcast HD route via cablecard. These guys really need to boost their signals, and I'm not specifically talking about Fox either.

·
Registered
166 Posts
NVboy, I have no problems whatsoever picking up FOX13's signal in Murray. I use the Silver Sensor antenna and I'm consistently getting 90-95% for FOX.

·
Registered
438 Posts
FWIW, I can get KSTU with 50% signal (no dropouts) on my sirt165 with my Silver Sensor in the attic at the base of "Y" mountain in Provo. I could get everything else fine (no Fox though) when it was just on my cabinet (albeit on the 3rd floor).

·
Registered
2,913 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by steelcurtain
NVboy, I have no problems whatsoever picking up FOX13's signal in Murray. I use the Silver Sensor antenna and I'm consistently getting 90-95% for FOX.

I'm using the Silver Sensor also, or at least I still have it hooked up to my tv. But, the best reception has the antenna pointed toward the bathroom & through about 4 other condo's next to mine. I'm hoping that has something to do with it. I also lost 5-2(I never watch network tv, so I'm not sure what station that is) a few months ago & was never able to get that one back either. Oh well. I just hope that as time goes by & more people purchase HDTV's, that signals will be increased.

·
Registered
433 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by cmalang
Comcast in Salt Lake will be launching DiscoveryHD on July 15 .

I was excited to check out DiscoveryHD on Comcast today but I get the "Not Authorized" message on channel 663. It is labelled DHDTV so hopefully it will be available soon.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,913 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by jedvik
I was excited to check out DiscoveryHD on Comcast today but I get the "Not Authorized" message on channel 663. It is labelled DHDTV so hopefully it will be available soon.

Jeff

I was told that it will be available "shortly," according to 2 different Comcast sources.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For some reason several/many boxes missed the data transaction which added Discovery to the lineup. Call the call center in Sandy and ask a CAE to "hit" or refresh the box and it will pop in. We are atempting to do it manually for all DCT's ,but it is slow.

Sorry for the inconvienence- We are not sure what happened.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I accidentally posted this somewhere else, however here it is...

KUWB just received a couple pallets of equipment to carry WB Network programing in HD, the bad news is the last pieces needed to interface it to the mountain site have been placed on back order by the manufacturer. (About 2-3 weeks out for delivery, another 2 weeks after that for installation, testing and commissioning. So hopefully in 4 weeks).

Installation and testing of the equipment that has arrived has been going very well thus far.

Programming that will be in HD will be Reba, Smallville, Gillmore Girls, Summerland, One Tree Hill, Everwood and in November in 5.1 the first installment of "The Lord of the Rings".

·
Registered
2,913 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by acmetvrick
I accidentally posted this somewhere else, however here it is...

KUWB just received a couple pallets of equipment to carry WB Network programing in HD, the bad news is the last pieces needed to interface it to the mountain site have been placed on back order by the manufacturer. (About 2-3 weeks out for delivery, another 2 weeks after that for installation, testing and commissioning. So hopefully in 4 weeks).

Installation and testing of the equipment that has arrived has been going very well thus far.

Programming that will be in HD will be Reba, Smallville, Gillmore Girls, Summerland, One Tree Hill, Everwood and in November in 5.1 the first installment of "The Lord of the Rings".

I can honestly say I have never watched WB, but I am very happy that someone else has jumped on the HDTV bandwagon.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Thank goodness - the WB came through

I've been waiting to hear from someone at the WB. Now we'll just have to wait (years?) for a UPN affiliate willing/able to do HD?.........

Michael.

P.S. Fox 13 still is hit and miss in Clearfield

·
Registered
438 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by NVboy
I can honestly say I have never watched WB, but I am very happy that someone else has jumped on the HDTV bandwagon.

Two of my favorite shows are on that list (out of like 6 that I don't miss each week on my Replays). I started watching Everwood because its locally done and I knew a coupla people who had "spots" on the show, but it has really good writing, and is quite funny.

Man, that HD Tivo is looking better all the time, or I'm going to have to get a dedicated Mac for recording (or a 3410a). Sheesh. It sure was easier when I could only get Alias in HD.

·
Registered
433 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by cmalang
For some reason several/many boxes missed the data transaction which added Discovery to the lineup. Call the call center in Sandy and ask a CAE to "hit" or refresh the box and it will pop in.

Thanks for the info. I called Comcast on Saturday night & had them refresh the box. Now Discover HD is coming through fine. I'm looking forward to watching that channel.

Jeff

·
Registered
93 Posts
What a wonderful broadcast of Days of '47 parade in HD and 5.1 surround sound!

Great job KTVX engineers.

Anybody else watch?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
We watched it here!

And, if grumblings of some KSL people at the parade are to be believed, we will do HD next year
, too.

How did it sound in 5.1?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ken,

It sounded pretty good for a live event. The radio station yelling on loudspeakers overpowered the nat sound for the first few minutes but got adjusted out. It was cool to have the sound follow the handheld cameras, the drums really jumped to the front during the band shots.

Good to see you back.

21 - 40 of 3786 Posts