AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I've been following the boards here for a bit trying to get a handle on updating the audio side of my HT. I've got a dedicated black box room (12 x16) that we've put a fantastic JVC rs4910u in (LOVE IT) but my previous pre amp is now being phased out due to HDMI incompatibility. I'm running my cable thru my Xbox one (and utilizing it for Netflix/streaming and blu Ray) and I also have a separate Apple TV. The problem is my previously awesome Madrigal THX Proceed PreAmp is not processing the digital audio (toslink) signal from it properly at all. None of the settings are translating so at best I'm getting a faux stereo sound being split to all my speakers. So I guess I'm just looking for recommendations for a good sub 1k or sub 2k pre amp to swap out the proceed for (I think I can keep the matching THX proceed 5.1 power amp and my definitive BP 100 speakers for now). I don't use the room for music at all, purely just movies/ tv so I don't need spotify, hi Rez music files etc etc nor do I need a great video processor (since the JVC is doing that) however I would like to get one that it HDMI 2.0/ 2.2 ready.

Any thoughts out there???

Thanks!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts