AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 61 DLP for about six months now. (Love it by the way). And recently after turning the set on sometimes it comes up in B&W for as short as a minute or two and as long as ten minutes. The color will all the sudden "pop-in" as my wife says. It' s only happened twice so far and both times to my wife so I can't describe it myself.

The picture was fine in B&W - sharp no lines nothing wrong except for the lack of color.

Any ideas what could be going on?

(I did buy the 5 year ext warranty from Tweeter - so I have some comfort)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sounds like it's time for your warranty service. I had a Proton CRT that started to do this after a few years. They were never able to fix it properly and the sound began to drop while it was black and white. I finally just gave the tv away. I'll never buy a Proton again.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Oooh... I had a somewhat similar problem with my second light engine. (I'm on number 3 now). The picture would be almost colorless (had a green tinge and weird shading) for anywhere from 1-15 minutes and then pop back. But, I had some flickering and jumping of the picture as well. A bit different, but suspicously similar :)

You can see my post on it http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=3288075#post3288075 ]here[/url].

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.