AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal with the Samsung DLP's [HLN467W] for the picutre to gently flicker or get bright and dim as it is starting up?

Just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks.

digi,

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's happening with mine. I don't really think it's anything to worry about. The one thing that worries me is eye fatigue. I find my eyes tend to heart after watching the tv for awhile. You??

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kydee6039
That's happening with mine. I don't really think it's anything to worry about. The one thing that worries me is eye fatigue. I find my eyes tend to heart after watching the tv for awhile. You??
Here is a thread where you can get some information about eye fatigue.

Most people don't have a problem. Most of the people who do are able to get over it with a short period of time and/or some tips. There are a few that can't and will not be able to enjoy DLP sets. Check out this thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...26#post2700726

·
Registered
221 Posts
When I've viewed the DLPs in the stores I've gotten headaches or "eye strain" (pressure buildup) after watching the set for 15 minutes or so. However, I think this is mainly due to me trying to focus in on the picture so intently. Seing HDTV makes me want to try and capture it all and not miss a single frame. In the post that htwaits references, one of the posters makes a good point: remember to blink!!

I think that if I watched a DLP long enough my eyes would adjust to watching it and the eye problems will go away.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by digi
Is it normal with the Samsung DLP's [HLN467W] for the picutre to gently flicker or get bright and dim as it is starting up?

Just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks.

digi,
On my unit, this also occurs....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.