AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get either the SAM PN59D530 and PAN TCP60S30 new for about the same price but I can get the PAN TCP55GT30 open box for a couple hundred more. Should I go with the D530 or the S30? Is the GT worth the extra $200 even if it's OB? If not, how much less should I try for to make it worth it? Or, should I just be waiting for a better deal all together?

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
I would opt for the GT as it will be vastly superior to either of those sets. But as it's a display I would check it for IR or any of the common Panasonic issues such as fbr or green blobs.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
If black level is a priority: S30. But understand that with the issues I'm currently experiencing with the Panasonic line I'm not sure I would recommend them to anyone.

You seem to be a bit scattershot here... You want a display and you're comparing two barrel scrapers, a nice mid-range set and now an expensive boutique brand? Did I miss something?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha! Yes, definitely scattershot, so my apologies for that and my thanks for the help. I'm the type that wants boutique brands for bottom barrel prices. The prices for the 4 sets are all within a couple hundred dollars. I just need someone to tell me to stop being cheap and spend the extra $200 on one of the better models because the picture quality is worth it. It sounds like you'd think I should go for the GT or the NuVision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts