AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sam Raimi has produced a number of not much of a budget horror flicks, including "Evil Dead" and "Evid Dead 2" and "Army of Darkness", all of which I recently got on DVD but haven't watched yet!

Of course, he is ALL FAMOUS now with his megahit "Spider-Man".

Sam Raimi is a marvelous Director!

Today was the second time I saw Spider-Man". My wife went to it with me this time. And she luved it too - and she hates sci-fi, hates comic books,

but she luved "Spider-Man".

I had heard that Sam Raimi's "The Gift", recently out on DVD and recently showing in HD on Showtime HD, Channel 543 DirecTV, was a great sort of horror flick. But watching it tonight in my theater was clearly today's Sam Raimi Double Bill of his past two fantastically excellent movies. "The Gift" sort of blends "The Sixth Sense" psychic phenomena with a good 'ol legal murder mystery and Courtroom drama. Well scripted with nice surprises.

I thought that I had guessed the ending early on in the film. And I sort of did. Except I wasn't sure who the killer was, I identified that three different men could be the killer. Then, near the end, I became pretty certain who the killer was, but so what - Sam Raimi added another totally unexpected twist.

If you liked recent horror/mystery/thriller flicks like "The Others" and

"What Lies Beneath" - well, those flicks don't hold a candle to "The Gift".

Both "Spider-Man" and "The Gift" have wonderful cinematography with excellent and reference picture quality. And the audio - fantastic for both.

"The Gift" in particular goes from totally quiet to suddenly and loudly frantic in a millisecond and will make your heart race over and over!!!! Sonically, "The Gift will tell you exactly how good your home theater system is!!!" And I must say that mine passed the test, LOUD AND QUIET!!!

This movie will tell you if your low bass and subwoofers can stop on a dime like mine can! Sometimes its the extreme quiet surrounding that quick bass that's the most startling.

From the previews, I sort of expected "Spider-Man" to be a pretty good movie. I WAS WRONG. It was a great movie.

From what I read here at AVS Forums, I expected "The Gift" to be an excellent horror/suspense flick. It wasn't. It was one of the best ever!!!!

If anyone's got Sam Raimi's e-mail address I will invite him as my Special Guest at the AVS Special Guests forum. For today he has tweaked my

home theater senses to their max. Thank you, Sam.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not only are his movies fun, he is a real hoot to be around. Sorry, can't give out his email but, will ask him if he is interested. Kinda doubt it though, he is very busy and when not working is very devoted to his family.

·
Registered
21,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob, thanks. "The Making of Spider-Man" made it clear that Sam is an all around nice guy and a real pleasure to work with on the set!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.