AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a RadioShck 8 in 1 Universal Remote 150-2116. I went to radio shack today to get rid of the $30 gift card I've had in my wallet for 9 months and saw it for $29.99.

I programmed everything except for the Samsung ts 160 receiver. The code in the book for Samsung Sat Receiver (code 1109) does not work.

I did an AVSforum searsh and saw some posts that said universal remotes don't work with the TS 160 - is this still true?

Does anyone have the code for the ts 160?

·
Registered
262 Posts
The only Universal Remotes that work with the SIR-TS160 are learning remotes. The SIR-TS160 uses a different IR remote frequency than Samsung's non-HD receivers, same IR codes however.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had the same problem with my non-HDTV Sammy S-75 D* receiver. I had to use my SL-9000 Learning Remote to be able to use the Sammy box.

None of the codes that were listed for the Sammy would work, so I had to program ALL of the functions into the SL-9000, even the power on/off.

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you are like the rest of us you are an extremist when it comes to your home theater. I too have the radio shack model you have, except it won't run my old VCR, my Bravo D1 or my sammy 160. The remote can learn new functions but its storage is limited. Look into JP1. If you type this search in yahoo or google it will take you to a yahoo user group. Also look into remotecentral.com or hifi-remote.com. A JP1 is an interface between your remote and your computer which allows you to reprogram your remote to your liking. The cable is $20 and the software is free. Take off the battery door of your remote and you will see a six metal pin connector site. My cable is on the way and the software seems easy to use. Good LucK.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided to just "learn" all the 160 functions (at least the ones I use) and I did it in 10 minutes. The out of memory problem on the learned functions is a little annoying, but I got in everything I needed.

I now have one remote for 8 items - wife is happy that the pile of remotes is gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.