AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you that have the Sammy 151 that live close to your transmission sources what kind of signal strength do see on your unit?

Is it better than 50%?

HS10

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I have a 150 which is nearly identical and I barely get 50% at 6 miles away. Seems rare from what I've seen to get over 50% without using an amplifier (which I don't).

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
First off on the 151, remember, this is signal-to-noise ratio, not actual signal strength. Secondly, I haven't read a post from ANY 151 owner who gets anything over 60. I've had mine for a couple months now; I'm only 15 miles from the towers (300 KW and 500 KW DTs included), and I never get over 60 with a CM 4221 in the garage rafters, but my picture/audio is pristine 100% of the time.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
The Samsung signal level meter is scaled such that 50% is pretty much the maximum signal displayed. It can lock down to 1-2 bars, so 8bars is a very strong level.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I live less than 2 miles from 4 stations, 3 from the same direction, and it doesn't matter, rabbit ears or Silver Sensor it seems to max at 60%. I have a station 17 miles away that transmitting at 50kw and it locks on 2 bars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe that's the best signal you can get out of the Samsung STB, which is about 50-60%. I also own the Mitsubishi hd5 and I get a reading of 90-100% on about every channel I can pick up. Anyway I did my own test between the 2 receivers and see if the Samsung would really give me a better PQ compared to the Mitsubishi. Well I can't see any difference at all and as a matter of fact I like the remote better on the mitsubishi compared to the samsung. By the way, CC price matched the walmart price of $298 on the samsung and you also get a $100 rebate so total cost would be $198 plus tax and if you want 3 years warranty you pay $25 extra. That's a pretty good deal but I think I'll return mine cause I don't see any improvement on the PQ at all. This is just my personal opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.